Can and how to mount the 212cc death row motor?

GoldenMotor.com

Bakermcmahon

Aug 23, 2015
maine
Hey, I've been looking for a new motor for my next build. When i came upon something i had never seen before. It was a 212cc 4 stroke kit from kings motor bikes. They advertise it as the Death row 4 stroke and it look pretty awesome. However, I was concerned about how to mount that monster on the frame. I'm not sure how to even approach the build. My most recent was a Dax 80cc kit on a trek mountain bike. It fit in pretty well but this seems like something MUCH more difficult. But, do like a challenge. Any advice would be great, thanks.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow Baker. That is just way over the top and to much engine for a bicycle, me thinks. With a torque converter, even worse.

I personally don't know of anywhere in the states it would be legal as a motor assisted bike either.

Just my 2 cents. But man, great price. The TC costs about half that. (much less the incidentals and engine) Would be a tree climber, for sure.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
looks to be just the harbor freight predator motor that has been fairly popular for quite a while

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
That is the Harbor Freight 212cc motor. The kit is actually a decent price and some of what you need. There is a member on here with a ton of experience with that motor and some of the nicest builds you will see anywhere. As far as putting it on a bicycle? I raced super bikes for 3 seasons and am used to 100+ horsepower on 2 wheels. But putting that motor on a bicycle is going to take VERY careful planning, engineering, fabrication, to be even remotely safe. The bike they have pictured with it on their site, same as gasbike.net looks like an absolute death trap. All that considered the only reason I have not built one is money and time. I LOVE the idea ha ha! I want to add a turbo and or NOS to mine. More of a conversation starter than practical application but why not? Some people put jet engines on motorcycles, this is no different.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Sounds to me like a complete was of time (and money)....a 212cc engine on a bicycle is nutz! You'll need a strong frame with enough room to accommodate that large of an engine, ask me how I know?

The name of the kit is appropriate, fair warning.

you've been warned brnot