New bicycle engine kit came - kickstand??

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Just wanted to drop in to say my 70-80cc eBay bike kit arrived yesterday. A little rough from shipping and a little rough from China....the instructions are in English, but not what the seller said them to be. I guess I'm too used to real work instructions (preparing and writing).

Anyway I have my work cut out for me.

Silly question - my bike does not have a kickstand - how should I prop this beast up whilst I work? Even with a kickstand, it can't be easy. Clamps? Props? Don't want to spend dollars. ()

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Re: New bike kit came - kickstand??

i have a bike rack so never gave it much consideration lol. might be able to make something out of scrap wood. somebody else here i am sure will have some ideas. take your time pablo. i can't wait to see your bike when you are done
(p)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

that would work but have braces in front and back so you can lift it. my bike sits in the rack about 2 feet off the ground so i can pull up a chair and be right thier to work on it

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

Man - that sounds ideal. Got picts?
daughter has my camera or i would get you one right now. basically it is like the one you show but with back and front the same and then i take and put the rack on a small old coffee table when working on bike. then i put the table away and the rack goes on the floor and i use it for parking bike in the garage

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State

(c)I use two Automotive jack stands and a 2x4 under the rear of the bike and suspend the front (handlebar) from the ceiling if i need to lift the entire bike. If you are considering a kickstand, I use a dual kick stand that raises the back tire off the ground about an inch, just enough the rotate the pedals. The link shows one for $20.00. If you search ebay you can find them for about 12.Bicycle 26" Alloy Double Kickstand Kick Stand BA39 - eBay (item 140196852885 end time Jan-14-08 20:18:38 PST)

Last edited:

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA

HI,

Kick stands are available from Wal Mart for under $10...They are made of alloy and and are a universal fit on most bikes.....They are very light weight.....I add them to all my bikes.....It makes working on them / building them a lot easier.....It also helps when I sometimes take them to outdoor events when I want to keep the bike with me but have no where to lean it against....just kick the stand and she'll stay!

Andrew

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com

HI,

Kick stands are available from Wal Mart for under $10...They are made of alloy and and are a universal fit on most bikes.....They are very light weight.....I add them to all my bikes.....It makes working on them / building them a lot easier.....It also helps when I sometimes take them to outdoor events when I want to keep the bike with me but have no where to lean it against....just kick the stand and she'll stay!

Andrew
Thanks - do these fit bikes with bottom mount cable brakes? How do they attach?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

Silly question - my bike does not have a kickstand - how should I prop this beast up whilst I work?
I used a jackstand under the pedal hanger/bearing area and clamped the front wheel in one of those workmate type sawhorse clamp things.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA

HI Pablo,
The Kick stand should fit bikes with cables running under the BB ...The main part of the kick stand fits under the rear tire stays (behind the BB but in front of the rear tire) and a top plate sits on the top of the rear tire stays....A bolt clamps the two section together.

I have used it on many different bike with no problems....On 1 bike the cable under the BB going to the rear derailleur did rub the bracket of the kickstand but it didn't seem to do anything other than cutting a slight groove into the mounting plate.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

biker

Dec 28, 2007

make sure you put lock tight on the screw to hold the kickstand on. for some reason they like to loosen real fast. happy bike day pablo
()

biker

Dec 28, 2007

i don't have a motor bicycle yet but even pedal bikes the kickstand comes loose. i cannot wait to get my motor. make sure you share some pictures pablo after you get all done building it. dang i wish summer woud get here

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA

HI Pablo,

I posted some more info about kickstands on your other post (where you put pics of your new bike for fitting up the engine)....I see the problem but there is still a solution! ;-)

Andrew