put motor on trailer?

GoldenMotor.com

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
if you make a homemade trailer and register it and get plates,you can then put a gas motor on the trailer and have it hooked to your bike and it will be a pusher trailer.
then it would short of be legal except the engine part.
what does anybody think of this idea?
anybody want to try it out.
or you could put the engine on the bike and atleast have a plate on the back trailer.
would be good for ny and other states that dont like mb's.

Last edited:

EsQueue

Jul 25, 2009
Long Beach, CA
I'm not sure of NY law but here in California, a push trailer connected to a bike should still qualify it as a moped which is legal as long as I abide by the rules.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i was just joking about the trailer. if i made a trailer it would have to be inspected and registered and it would have to be big enough for a car to pull it to be legal.
but here in ny its not legal to put a engine(electric or gas) on anything.except a moped or motorcyle.

Last edited:

EsQueue

Jul 25, 2009
Long Beach, CA
i was just joking about the trailer. if i mad a trailer it would have to be inspected and registered and it would have to be big enough for a car to pull it to be legal.
but here in ny its not legal to put a engine(electric or gas) on anything.except a moped or motorcyle.
Oh I thought that you were talking about a motorized push trailer for a bicycle which would make it a moped.

Kiwegapawa

May 2, 2011
Village of Cooper's Cave
As we were talking back at the beganning of me just joining, it did indeed take a turn for the worse. Just now we are attempting to form groups to address this on both the state and federal level of the legislature. But thats why I am some what duplicating this post. To get notice to some members that may not be subscribed to the new threads. We need you, this of my fellow New Yorkers. Illegal in ny.=====sucks Well here's where we need to address the problem of Motorized Bicycles here in New York. Plus those points I spoke of before of the Legislation I believe it leads to.
How to Comment on a Proposed Change to a DMV Regulation

This below concerning the Legislative rules of how we address it to the Law Makers, (Legislative Body, Aka: the New York State Senate).
NEW YORK STATE LOBBYING ACT

The next meeting concerning Senate Standing Committee on Transportation, March 13th, 2012, 1:00 PM, Tuesday. Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr., Chair

Senate Standing Committee on Transportation
Commitee Members: Montgomery, Dilan, Sampson, Squadron, Savino, Young, Golden, Robach, Martins, Flanagan, Gallivan, Fuschillo.

Though no doubt we won't have enough time to pull it together by this upcoming session here in New York. But an annoucement of what's up in coming is a very good Idea I believe. But inorder to do that, I need some fellow New Yorkers to step to the plate, cause we all know, one man's say so, ain't gonna do notta. I would go on to suggest that the other states bring the information together that which I have here. Once we have that in a starting range state to state. Then each group needs to vote for who will be leason from that state's group to the federal level. There in the group formed for the federal level who will act as go between to each their own states. This due to the 14th Ammendment and the point of travel on a motorized bicycle. It all does interlock just as any other vehicle!
.flg.