New ported cylinder w/ ramped piston

GoldenMotor.com

copmagnet80cc

Jan 7, 2014
Ohio
So my project for the past month or so has been porting a new cylinder for my 2 stroke MB and ramping the piston for better air flow..well just got everything done and put back together and shes been running like a dream! Except for running over a non-suspecting ground hog at about 35 mph...but anyways she runs great! I feel like the engine runs more smooth than it did before and gets higher RPM's than before also..and usually my gas tank leaks at higher RPM's but for some reason the engine is extremely smooth at high RPM's and doesn't leak from my tank..I'm able to keep up with the traffic down my road which the speed limit is at 25 ad i haven't been able to before. I'm eventually going to put a 36 teeth sprocket on eventually for some more speed....so just thought i would share my porting and ramping experience..well worth it! Thanks for those that assisted me in this!.wee.

Attachments

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Glad to hear your porting job worked out so well... Most the time when done right and not overdoing it for your setup it'll give a real good overall performance gain. Are you still running the stock 44 tooth sprocket on the rear wheel? 35 mph is an impressive gain if so.

copmagnet80cc

Jan 7, 2014
Ohio
Glad to hear your porting job worked out so well... Most the time when done right and not overdoing it for your setup it'll give a real good overall performance gain. Are you still running the stock 44 tooth sprocket on the rear wheel? 35 mph is an impressive gain if so.
Yes I'm still running the stock 44 tooth..i have gotten up to 35 but that's like the fastest ive ever gone and its really high in the RPM's when it gets that fast but I have an average top speed of about 30ish or so