worksman wheels

GoldenMotor.com

Blm25super

Jun 7, 2014
indiana
Hey brethren, i hate to make a thread with every question i have but i wanna make sure i get it right . Dont have a whooole lot of cash to throw into my bike. Bout to order some worksman 26x 2.125 11 gauge spokes . Guy at worksman says they are double walled . Guess he should know . . . . i hope. anyways they are part # 4136a at this site i have pasted below . That of course is the rear wheel the front im not to worried about . He says the rear also has the shimano cb110 e which is compatible with the manic mechanic hub adapter. Guess im ready to pull the trigger with my credit card. Anypne eelse know if these are double walled? That isnt a part of the description in the parts list . . . . http://worksmancycles.com/shopsite_...2012/2013 Factory Direct parts price list.PDF

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I run 11 g. Worksman wheels front drum and rear cb110. Certain tires simply will not blow up to pressure without blowing off rim. My experience - Never a problem-Bullet proof but Heavy.

I have a friend who bought a rear Worksman 11 guage, CB110 and couldn't keep a tire on the dang rim. It kept blowing off at about 30lbs. He tried several diff tires/brands to no avail. He took this rim to the local bke shop and sure enough a factory defect. A big hassle for him to ship it back. Did not buy from Worksman Cycle directly. He so upset from losing 10 weeks riding he swore off buying anything Worksman.

I suggest if you buy a Worksman wheel buy direct.
OR do these
http://www.huskybicycles.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=hb&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=500-219

Good luck!

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
I'm currently running a steel front worksman with drum and 10g spokes. Never had a problem with it. Wheel is bulletproof. I'm getting ready to build my own wheels, partly because I got some parts for free or traded, and partly because I am not completely happy with my current rear wheel setup. It's not worksman, it's an alloy rim and I've never been completely happy with the manic adapter myself. It works great for most setups, just not for me. So I'm gearing up to lace a moped hub into an 18" motorcycle rim (tire diameter is 24" when inflated). But you can't get much better parts than worksman, especially for wheels imo.