Macargi info

GoldenMotor.com

roachhill

Aug 14, 2008
bacikwoods of northern PA
I'm going to motorize a bicycle for my daughter and we've been looking for a bike that's small enough for her but big enough for an in frame 2 stroke. She likes the Macargi Jaos beach cruiser 20 we found online and it looks like it has plenty of room for a motor. I have never heard of Macrgi and I would have order it so I can't see it in person. Has anyone had experience with ths brand? Hows their quality? Any info would be helpful.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I'm going to motorize a bicycle for my daughter and we've been looking for a bike that's small enough for her but big enough for an in frame 2 stroke. She likes the Macargi Jaos beach cruiser 20 we found online and it looks like it has plenty of room for a motor. I have never heard of Macrgi and I would have order it so I can't see it in person. Has anyone had experience with ths brand? Hows their quality? Any info would be helpful.
I used a Macargi beach cruiser that I bought new online from a place out of California. It is an o.k. bike for the money. I think they are all made in China.
I will attach a picture of how it came out.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
From the picture, I think you might have some trouble with mounting the motor. You'll have to build mounts or extension as the front tube is a bit far from the seat post.

roachhill

Aug 14, 2008
I figured I would need a different mount. I looked at some mounts others have used on the OCC bike it looks like the same kind of setup. The problem is I haven't found anything useful at the local stores and its hard to tell from a picture if it has enough room unless it has alot of room. I was leaning towards an old stingray style bike because others have done it so I know it fits, but my daughter likes the look of this Micargi.To adults the stingray looks classic to a kid I suppose the stingray just looks old.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
Be careful with those monkey bars. There's a thread here that says that monkey bars are not recommended for motorized bicycles. Try to avoid it if you can. It would be safer for your daughter.

Welcome to the forum... :)

roachhill

Aug 14, 2008
I figured the ape hangers would be to tall anyway it looks like they were making a 20" bike fit an adult. I know apes hurt the handling of a motorcycle but I never really considered them dangerous.

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
i would hate to see a kid try to ride a motorized bike, these are not safe machines for a young girl, (assuming if an adult bike is to big for her to ride)

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
From that top pic in RedB66's post of the crack at the bottom bracket you can see one example of how corners are cut in cheap bikes. The tubes are not scalloped to fit before joining. This places all the stress just on the weld and if the welds are not that good.....

the-bike-guy

Mar 12, 2009
Oshawa, Ontario
Have you thought about rubber mountms to minimize vibration. That's why they are cracking. When you use your bike for what it is not intended for you have to take precautions. Think rubber mounts, even old tubes wraped around post and taped with color coded electrical tape works great.

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Mounting with rubber has produced mixed results and certainly just using inner tube isn't going to do much. The only real way of dealing with vibration on china engines is to balance the crankshaft.

That said though, the frame break at the bottom bracket as shown in the pic a few post back can't be summarily dismissed as the fault of engine vibration. It's clearly bad construction.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
that does'nt look good! I have a chrome micargi beach cruiser, I have'nt rode it much. I planned on trying to sale it with motor. now Iam having second thoughts. I wouldnt want to put anyone in harms way!