lots o mods

GoldenMotor.com

builder bob

Oct 7, 2012
MA
I have been, I just can't find anything with a 1/16" wall that isn't galvanized! it's realy annoying

builder bob

Oct 7, 2012
MA
great news! there's a guy close by who is giving away/selling at a low cost all of his welders and he said he'd teach me to weld!

Choppercabra

Mar 25, 2013
SoCal
ok so I want to build a bike like the one in the pic. to do it I need to stretch a bike frame a foot and drop it to 6 inches higher than the tire. I have a 4 cycle hausheng engine that runs great and has not been broken in. problem is I don't know how to weld yet. I want to use a 7 speed hub so I can keep the engine at a lower speed. I also think I have to stick pedals on it some where to make it street legal in MA. I know basic machining but haven't gotten my lathe running yet. I will be making parts for the engine and a custom muffler.
Thats my bike!

builder bob

Oct 7, 2012
MA
seriously?! that's awesome! I love the bike! is it comfortable to petal with the petals in that position?

Choppercabra

Mar 25, 2013
SoCal
Go to your local metal supply store. I just use 1 inch mild steel tubing and I believe 3/8 tubing for the chain stays. When you stretch the chain stays you will need tubing the will fit inside the 3/8 tubing for inserts. Need that for strength. If you are not sure the size tubing you need just take the frame with you that your are stretching and match up the size.

builder bob

Oct 7, 2012
MA
sadley I don't know of any metal supply store near by. only have a few hard where stores. what is the wall thickness of the tubing you used? think I could get it at home demonic?

builder bob

Oct 7, 2012
MA
I was thinking of doing that but i'd have to buy all the bikes because there is no dump near me which would be expensive

builder bob

Oct 7, 2012
MA
finally got around to calling about a welder and don't have a super busy weekend so I hopefully will be getting one soon. I also heard about a place near buy that sells metal

builder bob

Oct 7, 2012
MA
sadly the guy with the welders barely picks up his phone or returns calls so it's taking a wile to get a welder. if I get some of my r/c equipment sold though I can start buying some materials

Last edited: