Little Red For DMB

GoldenMotor.com

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
we gotta stop meeting like this! showed up at the lobo lounge this morning, as i aways do with nothing but thirst and hunger and no money. to watch jeff work on the bike that he gave me... well it was mostly finished and needed a test ride but i was too scared to ride it [those who seen me race will attest to that] so while i watched while jeff rode it around the block. then, something happened to the bike! but jeff asked me to keep quiet.. so thats all i can say for now. hope everything turns out OK dennis

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Today was very productive. We completed the bike and did the tear down to have the frame powder coated. DMB is going to rule that race track...

Took the bike for a test drive... It is quick and fast... And LOUD. It's very solid and the front end works great.

Pictures: from today

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Good bye lobo on the tank... Hello colors... Paint only on the sides... The rest raw aluminum. Will clear coat Friday... Got your pulse connection figured out... Will swap the manifold from one of our btr bikes which have them already... That way we don't **** with the vent... Dam we need an over 18 section so we say what we want without being punished...

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
A little update on this race bike: painted the tank sides, clear coated and some pin stripe. Detailed the gas cap and polished.

The frame powder coat was completed and turned out killer... Candy Apple Red.... Got to love it...

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Today was a long and productive day. I just love the color of this bike, everything goes together so well. All the little details take for ever but seem to turn out so well. Had some stupid pit bike exhaust that looked like it would never work until the one planed was still getting coated. Mocked up the pit bike exhaust, made some cuts... Welded it up..: added an alum tip and done. Turned out killer. Got the bike started after some carb cleaning and some VP C12 gas... It's a monster.... That motor snaps hard... Should be a fun ride for dmb... He will have all his two stroke for sale soon....lol

Attachments

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
how many people does it take to screw up a build?...ME!! would have been done but i screwed up the tank. i dont want jeff to blow himself up!! so some thought has to go on this mistake that I made! i'll be wearing a azz hat till this is fixed. sorry bro..dennis

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That bike is a beautiful MONSTER.........look out! Love that bike, I remember riding it for the first time, it was fun then, looks insane now!

Great work Jeff, nice ride Dennis!

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
More pictures taken today: this bike is turning out real nice.

Tank has a leak on one of the seams, will have to re-weld it.... Wish me luck....

Attachments

Last edited:

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
i think my son cost less norm. but i have so much fun at the races maybe i''ll pass someone now. i could not come close to building this one with out jeff. and my friends helping. the lobo on the tank is a tribute to the O.W. [original wolf] as this was his first built frame. stay tuned.. AHWOOO!! dennis
More pictures taken today: this bike is turning out real nice.

Tank has a leak on one of the seams, will have to re-weld it.... Wish me luck....
Fill it with dry ice or purge it with argon while you weld it.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Got a full a full tank of co2 to purge the tank while I weld it...will stick a fuse in it first and do a drop drill like trained in school... About the only thing I learned... O ya the teacher was hot too