Tachometer Analog

GoldenMotor.com

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
Does anyone know of a good, cheap, analog tachometer that has a 2-stroke option, that preferably screws in with the spark plug, and is analog?

Preferably shipping to Australia.

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
no but i know ebay has a digital one i got for 12 bucks.. comes with hour meter too.. cant remember the guy but its a nice unit... and for cheap free shipping too just get on ebay and search tach

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Analog tachs require a power source, but you can get one to work with an inductive pickup and a battery of some sort. They can draw a surprising amount of juice tho.

Equus 6068 should work with any single cylinder engine. It has an inductive pickup available. I've come close to pulling the trigger on one myself a few times :D

JEGs and others have tachs for Briggs engines that can work with the 2-strokes. But they can cost more than the chinagirl itself!

Frogster

Jan 18, 2013
Mississauga Ontario Canada
hmmm... decisions. I prefer the actual rpm gauge, but the digital tach has a nice low profile- functional. The analog tach that chainmaker posted is really big and ... out there. Id want a cleaner look on my bike. Knowing your hours are nice too. Any smaller gauge style tachs?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Loctutus_1 thanks for the part where ya say works on a 4 stroke has settings for it.
The 4 strokes that we use on our bikes fire on every stroke just
like a 2 stroke.
It is called waste firing and is set up to fire on every stroke because
it's the simplest way to build the ignition and doesn't effect anything
by firing on the exhaust cycle.

So there aren't any settings on these tachs to change from a 2 stroke
to a 4 stroke because the tachs read them both as the same.

There are settings on the tachs to have them read accurately in the
right range.

I prefer the Trail Tech tachs because they just look so much better
than the cheap tachs even though they cost more.