Autumn Ride

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm not a fan of winter but fall is magic. Usually perfect weather and the colors are amazing. Took the chopper out today to see some changing leaves. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

http://youtu.be/dDUwTpWtqrI

You old guys might remember the music. Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues did the music for Jeff Wayne's musical, War of the Worlds. It was popular in the mid 70s.

Tom

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Nice, Tom. The only problem with autumn leaf change is it is so brief, at least in my part of the world. But I guess that is also part of it's beauty and the sense of urgency to witness and savor before it is gone... something like this time in our lives as old men when we look back at our youth and forward at the mystery of we know not what. But in the here and now of autumn it is grand. Thanks for sharing.
SB

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Thanks for taking us along on the ride Tom. Beautiful area you live in. I do miss the autumn seasonal change although we get some nice colours here but nothing like you do.
The cedars and firs don't help at all either.

Wonderful choice of music.

Steve.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Kat,
That had to take a lot of effort to put together. Using Super 8 video, splicing all of that together with 1975 technology took some time, no doubt. Hats off to you. Nice work.

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Tom

Thanks for letting us ride along. That was great and I enjoyed it very much. Always nice to get to take a trip like that in first person view and get to enjoy and appreciate where my motor bicycling brothers ride. Very cool.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks, guys. I wish my camera had a better lens. My videos always look fuzzy.
Strange thing and it happens fast but if you freeze frame at 4:30-4:32, there are two birds that were either fighting or trying to mate. They landed in the street right in front of me. Weird, they were tumbling and flapping then took off before I hit them.

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Strange thing and it happens fast but if you freeze frame at 4:30-4:32, there are two birds that were either fighting or trying to mate.
Tom
I took a bit of video today on my bike and came across two dogs who wanted to eat my tires. Cracked the throttle and thought "China girl...don't fail me now!"LOL