Annoying honker can't share the road

GoldenMotor.com

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i had some idiot start screaming to get away from his truck(12 year old jeep cherokee) when i pulled up 3 feet away from him in the shoulder at a light i promptly told him what he could go do with himself and gestured that hes #1. people are rude as h3ll (at least in NY) and dont know to leave others alone till something happens to them.

if i had the person in the video behind me he would have had serious problems with his tires after 30 seconds of that.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This was all over the local news a couple of days ago.

It should be noted that the driver was not from Colorado. He was from out of state. To avoid trouble from any of our members I won't say where he was from but in all honesty people from there can be a little testy when they come here. Don't know why.

Just so you guys don't think Colorado is a bad place to ride. :)

Tom

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Don't judge us Coloradoans until you have driven a car a mile in our shoes. I kinda have a little empathy for the car honker. Don't know why? Spandexers in Colorado are a bunch of annoying Lance Armstrong wannabees right down to the stupid postal service spandex shirt. They (spandexers) are quick to call the police on you you are riding a motorized bike on "their" bike trails but don't have a problem violating virtually every traffic law they are supposed to abide by when they ride on roads.

I hate virtually everything about the cycling (road) culture in Colorado. Spandex cyclists are a public nuisance. I'm ok with mountain bikers, they don't clog our road, aren't as obnoxious, and usually wear jeans in lieu of spandex.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
yur kinda of a hypocrite there, drewd. I've no great affection for some of
the elitist spandex crowd. But to deny their right to ride is the same as
denying your own when riding an MB. Of course, I ain't too fond of all the
flatlanders in general that have overrun Colorado since John Denver made
it cool. I'm an expatriot now, but I still recall Colo. of 50 yrs. ago. They've
totally trashed the state that was.

JeremyD

Sep 1, 2012
Colorado
Don't judge us Coloradoans until you have driven a car a mile in our shoes. I kinda have a little empathy for the car honker. Don't know why? Spandexers in Colorado are a bunch of annoying Lance Armstrong wannabees right down to the stupid postal service spandex shirt. They (spandexers) are quick to call the police on you you are riding a motorized bike on "their" bike trails but don't have a problem violating virtually every traffic law they are supposed to abide by when they ride on roads.

I hate virtually everything about the cycling (road) culture in Colorado. Spandex cyclists are a public nuisance. I'm ok with mountain bikers, they don't clog our road, aren't as obnoxious, and usually wear jeans in lieu of spandex.
Boulderites?

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
YA know, If all the people on two wheels could set aside their
egos and differences and presented a united front we just
might be able to create the cycle friendly infrastructure this
country desperately needs. Whether you like it or not, there's
too dam many cars on the road, and it's costing us as a
people in terms financially, as well as physcal & mental health.
The Dutch are the healthiest, most well adjusted people in
Europe. ON average they travel 700 mi. a year,(every man,
woman, and child), on bikes. If you'd like to see what it
would be like if we got our $#*^ together, google,
Dutch Cycling Embassy, and watch the video.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The Isle of Man runs on tourism. Not just the motorcycle racing, there are car events, sports tournaments, and it's a very pretty place to go to anyway.

But the pubs don't like "spandexers". They go over to see an event, and on the nights, they sit in the pubs with 10 of them surounding one half pint of beer all night.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Oh well, I'm not the drinker I once was either. I'm not quite sure what that
has to do with the price of beans. Given the size of my pension and the cost
of fuel. A bicycle, powered or otherwise, is the only form of tourism I can
afford. What I object to about the spandex crowd is their smug elitist snobbery.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
The Isle of Man runs on tourism. Not just the motorcycle racing, there are car events, sports tournaments, and it's a very pretty place to go to anyway.

But the pubs don't like "spandexers". They go over to see an event, and on the nights, they sit in the pubs with 10 of them surounding one half pint of beer all night.
LOL Ludwig.

"Hello, yes I would like a pint and 10 straws please"

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Cycling is supposed to be healthy. Why do so many of the ones I see in all the gear have grey faces that look like they suck lemons for a living?

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Former roadie. I quit because of the cars, traffic and jerk drivers that threw trash at me while riding. Drivers will swerve for a squirrel but will see how close they can get to your handlebars at 45mph. They no longer see a person there. Granted some (many) cyclists don't follow the laws of the road but that doesn't give anyone license to take it out on anyone else. I really don't get all the rage people have once behind the wheel.

If you've ever invested seriously in a sport / hobby then to anyone not as deeply vested, you look stupid. Big boys and little boy toys. The Lycra shorts, shaved legs, etc all have purpose. The pointing and laughing can be done for any hobby. I don't know why people look sour when they ride. I always had fun unless I over did it. Maybe you are seeng the stress of someone trying to be healthy and doing something that brings them pleasure all the while knowing there are jerks on the road that could care less that they are just people.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Ludwig.
They probably look that way because except for weekends
they live crouched in a cubicle or stuck in the fumes of
rush hour traffic. They are to be pitied. Geez, I'm glad I
don't live in a city!