The Same Bike?

GoldenMotor.com

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Howdy, just in between Sunday rides, lettin' her cool down awhile.^5

I've been thinking about my next build, and want to do a shifter kit with a NuVinci hub. I found a bike made by Kent, and branded by Cadillac with a NuVinci Hub: Cadillac Fleetwood Cruiser Bike with Seamless NuVinci Shifting: A Bike Store Quality Bicycles

Really Nice; but I'm not paying $600 for a bike made by KENT! But wait a minute...there's another bike that looks just like the Fleetwood: Northwoods Ridgedale Beach Cruiser Bike Single Speed: A Bike Store Quality Bicycles

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
So what's up with that? I've also noticed other Cruisers made by different companies (Micargi, Greenline, Firmstrong) that all look like they use the SAME frame. It makes me wonder:rolleyes:

I sure do like the style of this bike, and would spring for the Northwoods Ridgedale if I could put a NuVinci Setup on this bike and a set of brakes.

Where do I get a (Good, Great, Smokin') deal on a NuVinci Hub? could I just slap one on a beach cruiser that was originally intended as a single-speed?
I'm selling one of my favorite hunting rifles to build the next one, so I want to spend carefully.

I have become obsessive-compulsive about these MB's.....Thanks alot guys!(^)

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma

I've been thinking about my next build, and want to do a shifter kit with a NuVinci hub. I found a bike made by Kent, and branded by Cadillac with a NuVinci Hub: Cadillac Fleetwood Cruiser Bike with Seamless NuVinci Shifting: A Bike Store Quality Bicycles

Really Nice; but I'm not paying $600 for a bike made by KENT! But wait a minute...there's another bike that looks just like the Fleetwood: Northwoods Ridgedale Beach Cruiser Bike Single Speed: A Bike Store Quality Bicycles

DSC06382.JPG new gasbike stuff 059.jpg DSC06380.JPG
I like the Cadillac bike for obvious reasons.
Your only paying $120.00 for the bike Smoothe. The rest is on the hub and disk. The Nuvinci Hub is $400.00 and the disk set up is $70.00. Thats where the dough comes in. The bike ships for free. Then add the shift kit and the expansion chamber and your into this thing for as much as a used Caddy. You would not be able to piece the bike together for less otherwise.

Cool!
Justin

christopher fowler

Dec 17, 2009
p a washington
Nice price.. Now add the disk brake and shipping. What's it come to? Its a better deal to buy it on the bike. The cadillac bike cost me 550.00 shipped

Justin
the reason those bikes look a like is they were all most likely produced by pacific bicycle factory who then re -badges them and mass markets them under new badge!pacific knows were loyal to brand names>so they have been out rite buying up brands we used to only see in bikeshops! Look up history of this its out there!

Cannonfish

Apr 10, 2009
Maryland
Smoothe, you might have already purchased your NuVinci by now - but if not, check out Tree Fort Bikes at: Tree Fort Bikes Online Bicycle Shop - Mountain & Road Bicycles | Repair & Tune-Up Sales in Ypsilanti, Michigan near Ann Arbor=

I just puchased a NuVinci hub from them about a month ago, and as of just now their price still appears to be $320. I wasn't able to find it for less anywhere else.

Unfortunately this doesn't come with the freewheel, so you'll have to order that separately. Tree Fort offers free shipping for orders over $250 or so, so I lumped in the freewheel and a rim (which usually costs a lot for shipping due to its size) into the same order.

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa

dont pay 600 then, the bike is only 400 now. that is a smokin deal with the hub!!!rmfla