Project long bike...

GoldenMotor.com

fang_x

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, canada
Well im pulling out the Abandoned Long bike project from the shed. I need to finish this thing..

Its a 9ft long bike made out of steel tubing and 1/2 plate for joints

The snag i ran into was sourcing a throttle cable, and brake cables long enough to run the length of the frame, anyone know where I could source some extended brake lines/throttle cables?

im tihnking maybe from an auto parts store, with a handbrake cable or something

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Cables frequently run between stays, brazed onto the frame, with no sheath between them. EZ enough to connect two cables in such an open place...
...Batteries are kinda heavy... and expensive, too!
Very impressive bikes have been built with electric power, but money prevents me from becoming interested in them.
Good luck
rc

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
You can buy cable and housing by the foot from ultralight aircraft suppliers, and custom make your own. Some of the companies will make up the cables for you.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i went to a bike shop in orange county and i got a tandem cable for $9 then he wanted $34 for the housing??? so off to the swapmeet got the housing for $6 so look around. and wow! 1/2'' plate? ya gona plow field's with that sucker. put a diesel and a hydrostatic drive like the road hog poster. have fun dennis