cheap source for 12v SLA battery and charger?

GoldenMotor.com

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
good luck , you can probably find a cheaper 12v sla without many amphour cheaper but finding both for that money will be difficult .

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
How many amp hours and what type of charger? Float? Trickle? Automotive? How many amps?

Probably get a 7 amp/hr with a float charger for just over $20.00.

A 2/6 amp charger at H.F. going to set you back $30.00.

Schumacher SEM-1562A 1.5 Amp Speed Charge Maintainer is $20.00

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
you can get charger/battery to run off your bike motor but it will cost more then 20 check out creative creations on ebay just do search for motorized bike lights.i run a 6 volt system on one and plan on a 12v for another.easy to install, worth the money check it out.ol sgt scruffy my favorite bike runs 6v lights .

Last edited:

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
I know about wonderful creations. that is definitely out of my price range. i found a battery and charger for $38. I also found a super bright 9 led bullet light for $23. not sure which way I wanna go yet.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
odd that this thread was moved to this category. this wasnt a question about batteries for an electric bike. it was just a question about where to find a cheap 12v battery. most electric bikes use batteries way bigger than 12v.

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
As we just created the new ebike subsections & populated them by moving threads from all over the forum - small errors like this are to be expected given the sometimes ambiguous titles & crossover.

Thread moved to 'Lighting and Electrical'

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
http://www.roushyatesparts.com/braille-racing-battery-p/brb-ml30c.htm
(just kidding folks!)

Style: Micro-Lite Lithium-Ion 12 Volt Racing Battery
Weight: 9.3 lbs.
Length: 6.6 inches
Width: 5.2 inches
Height: 6.88 inches
Pulse Cranking Amps: 1384
Amp Hour (AH) - Electrical Capacity: 84 Amp Hr
Right Positive / Left Positive - Optional Left or Right Polarity

http://www.roushyatesparts.com/product-p/brb-b2015.htm
I know this isn't exactly cheap but put a few of these babies in a small trailer I believe you'd have the range that is lacking in most batteries whatdayathink?

Features

Style: Advanced AGM Lightweight 12 Volt Racing Battery
Weight: 15 lbs.
Length: 6.8 inches
Width: 3.4 inches
Height: 6.1 inches
Pulse Cranking Amps: 1067
Amp Hour (AH) - Electrical Capacity: 20 Amp Hr
Right Positive

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
since the moderators are aware of the situation where I was using multiple screen names prior to beiing unbanned, i dont think there is any harm in making it known that this was my question. I was looking for a battery to run a 12v spotlight that a buddy had given to me. it was an old GE spotlight that I wanted mostly for the look, since it looked sort of like an older motorcycle headlight. However, I have since moved on to running lights off the white wire. I am actually ordering a custom made headlight that has a built-in regulator and looks similar to the spotlight i originally wanted to use.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
For cheap batteries, check with the mobility type scooter vendors in your area. They have maintenance contracts on the scooters that require them to change the batteries often, and the old batteries still have plenty time left in them.
You can get them real cheap or maybe even free, just inquire.
I have 2( 4ah and a 12 AH) that are over 7 years old and still performing perfectly. The 4 AH is on my Preddy with the Kubota dynamo, and the 12 is on my Heald Bronco to start the 8 hp Tecumseh.

For a freebie charger, you can use any 12 to 13.5 dcv wall power unit from any old electronic device. Just have to monitor the voltage with a meter when charging.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Thanks, but i really dont need a battery at all atm. i ordered a headlight with a built-in regulator to run off the white wire. its 270 lumens. the headlight i had was 150 lumen and was plenty bright enough for me, i was running it off the white wire but i didnt have a regulator. it was a 50 led bulb and one of the leds blew already, so i decided i needed a regulator, happened to find a custom made headlight on ebay for $17 with a built-in regulator.