RI. April 21 ride.

GoldenMotor.com

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
This Ride will be staged from a small park in Smithfield, RI.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=old+forge+rd+smithfield+ri+02917&spn=0.021538,0.039343&hl=en

But be forewarned their are no facilities. Just trees and hiking trails. Parking is on street only, but their is almost no traffic at all. All roads on the wrought have ether a 25/15 mph speed limit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbgbvL1pYgA&list=ULfbgbvL1pYgA&feature=player_detailpage
I ride these roads almost every weekend and almost never see cars except for a few select spots.
Their are also several hotels within a 10 min drive of this location.
Also be forewarned that the laws governing motorbicycles in RI. are sketchy at best ,but i have never ben pulled over when encountering police on rides. And I have never seen police while in the area I have chosen for the ride.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I almost forgot. We will meet up around 11 and hit the road around 12. I'll be their earlier. Probably around 10:30.

Last edited:

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT
I'm just starting to gather parts for my bike build and won't be able to start the build until after I get back from vacation on April 16th. I'm looking forward to getting back into a motorized bicycle after taking a couple years off when I sold my Chinagirl bike.

I'm going to mark this on my calendar though. The guy I sold my old bike to blew up the motor after putting 2500+ miles on it and is giving me the bike back so I can use them in my next build. I'll have to check the condition, but if everything else is still good maybe I can just pick up another cheap motor for it.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I would be interested if I have a bike by then. I've noticed this guy selling bikes on craigslist. http://providence.craigslist.org/bik/2871486845.html

Anyone know him?
He's not involved in the online comunity. If you want a bike, i'd be willing to help you build one yourself. I curently have a late 20's motobike frame. And a late 40's CWC western flyer frame to start with. The Western flyer is the same frame as my board track bike. It would be a bit more than one of his bikes beacouse i like to use solid vintage bikes, Not wally world crap.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I'm just starting to gather parts for my bike build and won't be able to start the build until after I get back from vacation on April 16th. I'm looking forward to getting back into a motorized bicycle after taking a couple years off when I sold my Chinagirl bike.

I'm going to mark this on my calendar though. The guy I sold my old bike to blew up the motor after putting 2500+ miles on it and is giving me the bike back so I can use them in my next build. I'll have to check the condition, but if everything else is still good maybe I can just pick up another cheap motor for it.
I highly recomend the x-80bk from LEB on e-bay. I have well over 3000mi on mine and it's more powerfull than any other 2 stroke kit engine i've tried.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Slowbalt,
I keep a eye on craigslist, I had ASSUMED that was you when I saw the smithfield ad. I now know that is incorrect. I was wondering how the heck you could find the time with a girlfriend, full time job and auto racing!

Hope to see you in Apr.

Jim
I would be interested if I have a bike by then. I've noticed this guy selling bikes on craigslist. http://providence.craigslist.org/bik/2871486845.html

Anyone know him?

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Providence Ya he lives up the street from me
Do I? are you in Providence or FL? Or are you one of those people that migrate for the winter? I haven't seen any other people with motor bikes in the area ,Except for a sketchy guy with a rack mount.
By the way I'll bring some soda/watter and pizza strips from Jeanette's Bakery for whomever showes up.

SINOGIN

Aug 1, 2011
Newport, Rhode Island
He's not involved in the online comunity. If you want a bike, i'd be willing to help you build one yourself. I curently have a late 20's motobike frame. And a late 40's CWC western flyer frame to start with. The Western flyer is the same frame as my board track bike. It would be a bit more than one of his bikes beacouse i like to use solid vintage bikes, Not wally world crap.
Thanks for the offer SlowBalt. I've officially decided that my first bike will be one built by myself. I plan to find a new model bike of good quality. I just need to find out how much I owe Uncle Sam this month before I can begin my project. that combined with running a kick ball league and finishing my Wife's living room by May first, I don't think i'll be ready for this ride.

thanks again.

Bob Mac 18704

Jan 24, 2010
penna.
I'm going to try to make this. I finally finished my 4 stroke. Lights blinkers and horn. Not promising anything but it's on the calendar.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Looking forward to two weekends in a row of motorbicycle fun.
Just a quick update. I have 2 roughts planned out for this ride. One 10mi ride and one closer to 20 for later on.