San Diego's 9th Group Ride

GoldenMotor.com

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Thanx Made the change. I'm still gonna cage it out there and grab a coffee and let people know who still show up just in case.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
I'm closely watching the detailed forecasts from The Weather Channel, Weather Underground, and AccuWeather and between the three it looks like only a 20% chance of rain on Saturday. Sunday and Monday there will be rain. So it looks good so far!!!

hardcharger

Sep 20, 2011
san diego
Dang it im not gonna make this one either. Got the rat in pieces. Repainting frame, having my rims and handle bars copper plated... Oh well. Cant wait to ride with the gang again. IT WILL HAPPEN! Good luck to everyone this weekend. PS- Id rather ride back around the bay than take my scoot on your ferry!!! Lol

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Hawaii, the route for the run goes right through the traffic along Harbor Drive all the way downtown that's there for the America's Cup Races! It's going to be a zoo down there! Maybe, the run to Coronado should be done another time; considering the mess downtown. Just a thought.

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Hawaii, the route for the run goes right through the traffic along Harbor Drive all the way downtown that's there for the America's Cup Races! It's going to be a zoo down there! Maybe, the run to Coronado should be done another time; considering the mess downtown. Just a thought.
We'll show all those poor saps stuck in traffic what motorized bicycles are all about!

C'mon Tony, bob and weave...you can do it!

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Two hours out - - - and, I'm doing the final "pre-flight" check! Tools, check. Gas, check. Extra tube, check. Air pump, check. Tire pressure, check. See ya'll at 10 am.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Traffic????? What is traffic when you're riding these. Small detour and were set. Weather looks good. Get out and Ride!!!

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
A couple of "ride" pictures. Started at Belmont Park at the Pier, headed South to OB and over the "Hill St." to Shelter Island. Kinda lost track of stuff at the Bali Hai; must have been something they put in my water after the second Mai Tai! Ha!

Attachments

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Glad you all had a good time! Crap in the carburator made it a no go for me as you all know. Got a ride back to Canon and Rosecrans where my van was cause I have a job going there. The route map showed that you guys would be driving right past my jobsite. Was pretty sure I got there before you guys would have passed so every time I heard anything that sounded like a MB I'd jump up and run to the window with camera in hand. Must have jumped up about 10 times but never saw you guys go by.

Wondering why, all I could imagine was Scotto- laying dead in the road from that monster 212cc motor ripping his bike in half, then everyone going home in mourning instead of finishing the ride. Oh what a wild imagination I have!!!

Again, glad you all had a good ride. Can't wait to find out how many of you made it all 70 miles.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Hahaha Glad my brother could help you out Max. Tony I tell ya I dont know how you all made it through 2 of those. It was a fun ride the rest of the way. 2 of us made it to Coronado with 0 issues and making great time. Joe met us on the way and turned back at IB. Stopped off at Village Pizza and went right back. My exhaust broke and the my chaon snapped at 40 mph by Silver Strand State Beach. Thank god it didnt throw me off. So I had to get towed off the island. The one tin soldier rode away by himself.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hahaha Glad my brother could help you out Max. Tony I tell ya I dont know how you all made it through 2 of those. It was a fun ride the rest of the way. 2 of us made it to Coronado with 0 issues and making great time. Joe met us on the way and turned back at IB. Stopped off at Village Pizza and went right back. My exhaust broke and the my chaon snapped at 40 mph by Silver Strand State Beach. Thank god it didnt throw me off. So I had to get towed off the island. The one tin soldier rode away by himself.
Who was the one tin soldier? Chris or Dan? Had a fun ride and some epic Mai Tai's......let's do it again!

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Well ****, Shelter Island as far as most of you got! I could have heard you if you shouted at me from the Bali Hai...

Second thought, would have been kinda hard to work all snockered up on Mai Tais...lol

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Dan was the last man standing. I got the chain fixed and will get the exhaust welded up this week.