Went to trial today, and all is well

GoldenMotor.com

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Went to trial sat for 2 hours before the defender called me up. This was during a break so the publc defender could talk with everybody individually. I handed him the stamped dmv document and he took it straight across the room to the state attourney who was chatting with one of the clerks. He wasn't there more than 5 seconds. He turned to me and said: charged are dropped, your free to go once the clerk makes a copy of this paper. 2 minutes later i was walking out of the courthouse! Im gonna call back tomorrow to see if i could get a document saying that the charges were dropped and that i can still ride so the po po will believe me when i get stopped again.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
It's too bad the State won't put the word out on their own with some kind of "Court Notes" thing informing the DA's and cops that this sort of ticketing is wasting the police and courts time.

Like, get a clue, the MB's are legal. Bust them for speeding like everybody else ;)

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Went to trial sat for 2 hours before the defender called me up. This was during a break so the publc defender could talk with everybody individually. I handed him the stamped dmv document and he took it straight across the room to the state attourney who was chatting with one of the clerks. He wasn't there more than 5 seconds. He turned to me and said: charged are dropped, your free to go once the clerk makes a copy of this paper. 2 minutes later i was walking out of the courthouse! Im gonna call back tomorrow to see if i could get a document saying that the charges were dropped and that i can still ride so the po po will believe me when i get stopped again.

If you DO get that document...
Scan it and post it for ALL of us!!

Congrats.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Even your case number and related info could help. As in "If you refer to this, 'X' vs James, case number, you'll see that they decided...."

Previous precident, or somesuch I think they call it.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Even your case number and related info could help. As in "If you refer to this, 'X' vs James, case number, you'll see that they decided...."

Previous precident, or somesuch I think they call it.
I'll post it when i get home after work. It'll be around 630 tonite. I got a ticket for ridin' a "moped without a DL. I read the fhp the DMV TL-10 document and he denied it was the right one. My engine is 66cc. but i never had to tell the judge that. Just the public defender. So i went to the dmv to get that document signed and/or stamped. They got the notary to stamp it, they got it dated, and signed by the tax collector(not that the tax collector meant anything). They said they had this issue the week before and called up to the head office and the head office said:THEY SUPPORT THE TL-10 DOCUMENT FULLY 100%. So when i went to trial, when the public defender called me up to show him the document, he handed it straight to the state attourney and 2 seconds later he turned around and said charges dropped, your free to go when this clerk makes a copy of this. So thats all there was too it. (not to mention stressing out for over a month and a half). I've heard where the judge drags this out to over a year just to see if you'll give in to their tricks. lol Well, all i can say is i didn't give into the bull****. I stood my ground, unwavering like the True American patriot i am. LEO's bully people into believe they are right and the citizen is wrong. Well, they can right all the tickets they want but i'll flash my document in court and the judge will laugh at the whole situation and let ya go unless he's just rude or having a bad day. Any time you go to court or even to a appointment with a public defender or lawyer, where a button down collared shirt and dress pants. That'll show the judge u mean buisness and your respectful. You should've seen what most people walk into the courtroom with. They have no respect. They wear jeans with holes in them, their shirt isn't tucked in, no respect. They have no hope. Most were real criminal charges like driving while your license is suspended(biggest amount), dui, etc. Don't mean to offend anyone by sayin' this but I believe in God. Cuz I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for him. God gave me life, he gave me grandparents that really care. He gave me a job when i was giving up on getting a job, now this. There is a God cuz i wouldn't be alive if there wasn't. Plus just looking at the sunrise, sunset, birds, trees, my little nephews that are 1 and 2. The big bang is a dam lie. Everybody knows that. God made this earth and universe. He put thought into it while making it. The end of the world is near. Guadaffi is dead. The world is gonna get worse even without him. Man has turned to lust of the flesh. God will have the final say. Every knee will bow, every tongue confess. You can run but u can't hide from God. He is omnipresent, first and the last, the beginning and the end, the author and finisher of our faith. For those who think your hopeless, the first shall be last and the last shall be first. Anyhow, now i'll stop preaching....Hope u enjoy reading this. :)

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome James, congrats!

So, so wrong Rohmell. To dang funny but so wrong.

I was rooting for the one escapee. Started singing Born Free
snork

Last edited:

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Any time you go to court or even to a appointment with a public defender or lawyer, where a button down collared shirt and dress pants. That'll show the judge u mean buisness and your respectful. You should've seen what most people walk into the courtroom with. They have no respect. They wear jeans with holes in them, their shirt isn't tucked in, no respect. They have no hope.
Definately. I had to go years ago as a witness for something my girlfriend at the time was involved with. The other guy shows up, ratty T-shirt with holes (clean sometime the past month), torn, stained, spattered jeans (clean sometime that year, maybe). As my Mom would say, he looked like he'd been dragged through a hedgerow backwards, just a mess. :rolleyes: There I am dressed for work, which at the time was a jacket and tie job. The case went her way, the judge barely asked him any questions, took less than 15 minutes to sort out. (^)
The same principle applies going to job interviews, too. Clean up, dress nice, make a better impression than the previous (or next) guy.

Edit: Respectful language also helps a lot. Addressing the judge as "Sir" (or Ma'am if that's the case), and being clear with your responses (no mumbling) doesn't hurt.

Last edited: