So Cal Race on Oct. 22 at Grange

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Still planning to race this October. Maybe 2 classes. Willow Springs was such a fun event, I can't wait to get back on a track. Win or loose, it's all good. Neil is promoting on the other forum for now if anyone has any suggestions or questions. Should be quite a turnout for this one as the new track looks very interesting with a longer straight and elevation changes. Accommodations are much better and the layout is efficient and organized. Planning to maybe get some practice in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Gosh that sounds like fun!
...maybe one day when I learn more...
Best
rc
Rc, no matter what racing level your at, whether it's beginner, novice, or expert, and no matter how fast your bike is whether it's 20mph - 45mph there's always someone on the track to compete with. The main thing is "have fun" Hope to see you there.

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Thanks Flying Dutchman!

Really struggling right now... Went by the radar sign on main street at 20mph yesterday boggling and burbling, trying to open the throttle and getting zip... lol
I hit it at 21mph a few days ago when it was actually running worse, overall.

Got some real issues! lol
There's SO MUCH I gotta learn! :)

Best
rc

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
There used to be a small contingent of mopeds that ran with the pocketbikes in back in '09. Seems those guys could blend right in. If they are fast, could push some of us tinkerers to upgrade. If anyone can pedal a lap, I say let's welcome 'em! (yes, these guys are fast, actually should run in unlimited as they don't meet true bicycle description)

The e-bikers had some 7 entries at Tucson and perhaps 8 hanging around WillowSprings. Some didn't race, some from New Mexico thought California to far to travel, 1st time race builds had high DNFing. But you can bet they'll straighten out their goofas' for this race.

If it works out with the promoter, may redo score sheets and type up 'steps to follow.' We can get finishing positions posted this time around; thanks again to enthusiastic volunteers! Ask not what you'll get for your $25, but what you can do to make it worth $25+ for everyone.

On my build, running 'an anaylizing for reliability, installing a beefier #219 kart chain drive system, got a new controller w/ current limiting, souping up my motor, ect. . .

Are you gonna be ready?

http://www.grangeracetrack.com/
Track located 20mile south of Barstow, 8mile northeast of Victorville, 10mile north of Apple Valley

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
There used to be a small contingent of mopeds that ran with the pocketbikes in back in '09. Seems those guys could blend right in. If they are fast, could push some of us tinkerers to upgrade. If anyone can pedal a lap, I say let's welcome 'em!
If your talking about the mopeds that ran during the Polini Cup, I personally think they'll need their own class. I was at those races and the mopeds were as fast as the pocketbikes...if not faster.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
La Grange, CA is that where you mean? This is East of Modesto. Found this link Motowest Racing Tracks

and it has listed:

La Grange Regional Park
2315 South Old La Grange Rd.
La Grange, CA 95329
Stanislaus County Off Road Parks
another from the above County link lists the park too.

I sure would like to have my bike ready, but it is still coming together now. I am as soon as it is done go to DMV to get OHV sticker.

I keep looking to see what new info you have on this possible upcoming event!

The pic on the page from above shows what all I can see is dirt track, no asvalt, is that right or is there both?

Measure Twice

strotter

Aug 7, 2008
You may not like the promoters attitude, he may not have the best P.R. campaign, however, he is the only person or entity that is organizing MB races.

The last race was BLAST!
The next one will be even better!!

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
I have not been to any organized MB races but would like to go but, why would anybody not be allowed to race? If there bikes meets engine classification? I think engine size and type should be the only factor in classification. Not individual modifications. Just taking a guess to why Bairdco is banned. Maybe theres personal reasons but who cares about that. Anybody who wants to should be able to race. My two cents.

.flg.dance1r.ly..wee.dnut

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I have not been to any organized MB races but would like to go but, why would anybody not be allowed to race? If there bikes meets engine classification? I think engine size and type should be the only factor in classification. Not individual modifications. Just taking a guess to why Bairdco is banned. Maybe theres personal reasons but who cares about that. Anybody who wants to should be able to race. My two cents.
It's the promoters 'MB politics'. :(

Baird can explain it himself a little better.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here
there is enough room in the sandbox simply organize some events as you intended and the participants will follow
sorry to see something so fun has resulted in such fracturing and hurt feelings
i personally go for weekend events at safe locations for cruising around as well as camping and racing etc

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
La Grange, CA is that where you mean? This is East of Modesto. Found this link Motowest Racing Tracks

and it has listed:

La Grange Regional Park
2315 South Old La Grange Rd.
La Grange, CA 95329
Stanislaus County Off Road Parks
another from the above County link lists the park too.

I sure would like to have my bike ready, but it is still coming together now. I am as soon as it is done go to DMV to get OHV sticker.

I keep looking to see what new info you have on this possible upcoming event!

The pic on the page from above shows what all I can see is dirt track, no asvalt, is that right or is there both?

Measure Twice
It's Grange Race Track, just past Victorville a couple of miles.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
It's Grange Race Track, just past Victorville a couple of miles.
OK, Not La Grange County, because that is Central CA, but Apple Valley and the track name Grange in Southern CA.

Thanks for clarifying.

Measure Twice

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
i explained that we weren't interested in starting a rival, competing organization, we just wanted to put on more events. it would give the motorbike community a lot more fun things to do, not only in southern california, but nationwide.
I just want to race and have fun and it shouldnt matter how many if any organization im in!!