Military Installations- here is the rundown AR and everything

GoldenMotor.com

Horacio

Jun 3, 2011
Korea
Ok, my area of expertise is YONGSAN, Korea; where I am currently stationed.
According to USFK REG 190-1 All motor vehicles under 50cc are considered Mopeds, and must adhere to all regulations of having motor vehicles above 50cc, except having to get a license plate for Korea. It is the same with other posts. CONUS and OCONUS both require you to have all motorcycle PPE (personal protective equipment) DOT helm, boots, reflective vest, and you must take a motorcycle saftey course.

In Korea vehicles are not allowed for E-7 and below unless command sponsored. -but you can get a exception to policy. Mopeds are a company level memorandum, anything bigger is first O-5. Thats all I can think of for now, any questions just post them and I will post it or find out for you.

p.s. I don't follow any of those rules, what i do is ride my bike with pedals and clutch engaged on post, and ride with motor off post to the nearest gate..flg.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Thanks for the post Horacio,

There's a bit in there I don't understand, but I'm not military, and have no plans to go on a military base unless there's an airshow I can get to.

Don't forget, the base commander has a lot of disgressionary authority on his base. He rules!

Best
rc

Horacio

Jun 3, 2011
Korea
yeah, always see if you can find any regulations to mopeds for your base. just talk with your chain of command if you are unsure and have them find it for you.usflg

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
At great lakes naval station in IL. All MB's are banned! All it took was one civ (no not me) ripping down the lake front . He had apperently pedaled in and gate guard did'nt notice, well the glpd freaked out and gave him four tickets, no helmet,no reg., no plates,no ins. As far as i know he got out of all but the helmet ticket.
This really stinks as far as I'm concerened ,if your an e-nothing it's almost impossible to have a car on base. MB's are perfect for young saliors to get around town . Ok maybe not in uniform but once there phase two ,what's the big deal?
Just like the rest of authority figures in america the military needs to get with the times,think of all the fuel that could be saved by running MB's on a base?

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
I ride my bike nearly every day on Ft. Huachuca in AZ. I only had one gate guard give me trouble but eventually let me go when I showed him I could pedal. I'm overly safe with all kinds of reflective protective gear. I look like a total tool but it seems to make the post cops happy and they leave me alone.

RGZWS6

May 26, 2011
Illinois
I checked with the Safety office on Scott AFB in IL. There were no special rules for the MB. They consider it a bicycle with all of the special stipulations that go along with it. Only need a helmet.

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
if your allowed on base then you should allready know this,but if they will allow you to use your MB on base then you better watch how fast your going, they are VERY anal on posted speed limits on base.

also as a side not to this, i was just on base today and forgot to ask anyone there,but if security clears you at the main gate on your MB,then it wouldn't make any difference would it? then the next thought is... but how would they let you get a base sticker for your bike..

Horacio

Jun 3, 2011
Korea
I ride my bike nearly every day on Ft. Huachuca in AZ. I only had one gate guard give me trouble but eventually let me go when I showed him I could pedal. I'm overly safe with all kinds of reflective protective gear. I look like a total tool but it seems to make the post cops happy and they leave me alone.
I'm hoping to get stationed there or ft Irwin next, how is fort Huachuca?

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
I'm hoping to get stationed there or ft Irwin next, how is fort Huachuca?
It has great weather (when it's not the monsoon season ;) ). The Fort has some really nice roads to cruise on. Sierra vista is very lenient towards MB's. I have never had problems with cops. Let me know if you make it out here and we can go for a ride. Whats your MOS?

Im in the army stationed at fort stewart i was riding my bike on post for 2 months id use the motor to the gate shut it off pedal to the gaurds show my id fire up the motor and was on my way i had a helmet an reflective vest no problem everyone in my company agreed that it was a bike plus under 50 cc no msf course needed well then the motorcycle mentor for the company e-6 (staff sgt) gives me crap saying i need to take the msf course and then i pointed out it is for 50cc an above but under terms of sgli our life insurance policy you need it but is at company discretion i knew this but it all comes down to discretion an he said he was going to use it so i have to take the 3day class no biggie as i am getting a harley an will actually need it. Now this ****** i also caught porkin a female private after work one day an i attribute his use of his discrection to that he was also the only one on pdst to give me crap mps thast i asked said it is still a bike an i can still ride it on post