Anyone from new jersey ever get legal?

GoldenMotor.com

Jcano6979

Apr 23, 2011
Ocean city nj
Hello, I live in Ocean City , NJ. I built my first mb with a 48cc w pull start and cent clutch, anyway I was wondering if anyone locally or in nj has ever got Thier bike registered? I currently have been avoiding confrontation with the five-o, shutting down and peddling when I see them etc. I was just wondering what was done to accomplish this. Also is there any local riders gatherings/rides/shops in nj so we could ride together etc..

Arnie

Dec 25, 2010
Wrightstown,New Jersey
Hey I from new jersey I live in wrightstown. I just got pulled over today for the first time. I was 30 min away from where i live. he said anything with a motor needs to be tagged and registered. I told him it was pedal assisted and tried to explain to him but he said it didn't matter. so after a hour of sitting in his car he got out and said he was going to talk to his chef to see what he thinks and that he will send a ticket if he thinks im wrong.

Jcano6979

Apr 23, 2011
Ocean city nj
Sounds like he couldn't do anything legally. See this is the problem, it has no clear laws regarding these bicycles. What could he give you a ticket for? Unregistered vehicle? It's a bicycle! In my town they have these people that ride around in these golf carts lsv I think they're considered. Now they are registered and tagged, so why don't we lobby to get our bikes registered? They would be the same type of vehicle.

Jcano6979

Apr 23, 2011
Ocean city nj
Yes, but it doesn't require registration, it's a bicycle! , they can say all they want about moped this and moped that , but it really is just a bicycle in the end, just a custom bicycle. Lol

Arnie

Dec 25, 2010
Wrightstown,New Jersey
That would be a good idea but one reason I built the bike so I could drive it with out all that ****. Just get on and ride. I called DMV they said they can't register a mb bike. Which I told the cop. I'm going to keep on riding it **** them!

Jcano6979

Apr 23, 2011
Ocean city nj
Yea, I know what you mean, it would just be nice to not have to keep eyes in the mirror for the stupid po-po. Hey Arnie, do you have a local place you buy parts from? Or do you order everything online?