Micargi Puma 3.0 GTS / Lifan 125cc bicycle -> motorcycle build

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Hi there. Im looking to find a really GOOD stretch/ Limo lowrider to moterize and customize. I was about to buy a "Micargi", but read they are really cheaply made bikes with alot of problems. I live in Charleston SC, and havent had much success on craigslist. What I want is a build that is a lowrider with a 4 strokeinternal mount engine. I was looking at the engine: Lifan 125cc Motor Dirt Bike Engine 4 UP. Here is the link:http://www.pccmotor.com/lifan-125cc-motor-eng.html
I was also going to upgrade the tires to: 24" inch X 4.25" inch: WHEEL with Disc Hub / TIRE / TUBE & NEW 20 TOOTH FREEWHEEL
Heres the link for that as well:http://www.pedalchopper.com/supersiz...-rr-wheel-kit/

Here is also a picture of a a simualar bicicle I was looking at on craigslist but no one

Really any similar lowrider stretch byciclewould be nice. That is what I need to start with but have no idea who to buy from. Even some custom shops would be nice as long as they are not ridiculous with the price, but I know of none that are local.

Please HELP!
You might want to start a new thread of your own it will get seen by a lot more people

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans
I called pirate cycles and they said the rear sprocket will not fit on the micargi 68 spoke wheels, but from the pic it looks like you somehow got something to fit on that 68 spoke wheel, so, How did a do it ???

Cheers

OK here's (most of) the parts list:
1. Micargi Puma GTS 3.0: 2wheelbikes.com
2. Lifan 125cc motor: t-motorsports.com
3. Intake Head Adaptor: hooperimports.com
4. Motor mount (skidplate)/ exhaust/ air filter: pccmotor.com
5. "Gas tank": monsterscooterparts.com
6. Micargi-compatible rear-wheel sprocket: piratecycles1.com
7. jackshaft and sprockets: bmikarts.com
8. chain/cables/etc: mfgsupply.com

Just about everything else was bought from Home Depot: steel for custom engine mounting bracket (just hacksaw/file/drill), mounting hardware, etc...

Tang

Sep 29, 2013
Indianapolis
Love this thread. Going to work on my own stretch cruiser soon.

How are the 68 spoke wheels holding up to the torq.

laff

Last edited: