Denver area riders

GoldenMotor.com

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
That sounds ok to me. What about the location? How about Golden ? That is a cool place to meet.. They have nice coffee shops and cool places to ride.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I'm trying to come up with a good route and central meeting location for everyone. Now that there is a set date, I can come up with a route with a bit of everything. "Golden" has been discussed before, if we're thinking about going that way then why not head towards Chautauqua Park in Boulder.

My plan was for an inner metro-area cruise 3-6 hours long. Park to parks type. I'll keep everyone posted on route ideas

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My bike carrier is almost finished. Wherever is good for me but to be honest, Boulder is my least favorite place in Colorado. I'd just as soon find an alternative if it's okay with everyone else. Downtown Denver is much better than Boulder.
Tom

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
My bike carrier is almost finished. Wherever is good for me but to be honest, Boulder is my least favorite place in Colorado. I'd just as soon find an alternative if it's okay with everyone else. Downtown Denver is much better than Boulder.
Tom
Being that I'm from Colorado Springs, I don't think I'll be allowed to step foot in Boulder without renouncing my citizenship of colorado springs.

Dax/duane tested his new 2 stroke engine on some trail, how about that one.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Rats!!! I spent yesterday doing yard work. 84 degrees, sunshine, perfect bike weather. Got the lawn dethatched, fertilized and cleaned up some winter debris and by the time I was finished, showered and had dinner the day was gone. That's okay, I'll get some riding in tomorrow, I told myself. Yeah, right. Cold and rain today. I spent the morning sitting in the garage looking at my bikes. When is this winter going to end???
Tom

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
You didn't miss much from my point of view. I road yesterday and ended up walking once and pedalling a second time. The first bike on my early morning stranded me about 14 miles from home. I threw the drive chain to the rear wheel, i use a shifter kit, and couldn't find it. I couldn't even pedal the bike home. I rode the bike on the downhill portion and walked it on uphill portions. 3.5 hours later I made it home very exhausted and slightly dehydrated.

Later that in the evening, I took my second motorized shifter bike out for a quick spin. I ran out of gas about 4 miles from home but I was able to pedal back without any problems. I later noticed this bike had a bent rear axle..weird since it is is brand new.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
i was wondering if anyone has a set of 1"threaded suspension forks lying around for a 26" ?
If you find one, I'll buy it from you. I've been looking for a while. I can find plenty for the bigger steer tubes but not a 1". I've been checking the thrift stores, pawn shops (too expensive) and Craigs for an older mountain bike. Duane, thatsdax, is also looking for me.
Let me know if you have any luck.
Tom

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
If you find one, I'll buy it from you. I've been looking for a while. I can find plenty for the bigger steer tubes but not a 1". I've been checking the thrift stores, pawn shops (too expensive) and Craigs for an older mountain bike. Duane, thatsdax, is also looking for me.
Let me know if you have any luck.
Tom
How long do you need the 1" steer tube?
Is 5 5/8" too short?

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
i found some on ebay...ide just rather keep it local ya know.......and DOH thats exactly what i need as well...if another one shows up ide like to get the opportunity to buy it or something

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
attention denver riders

due to a malfunction with my mb i was wanting to post pone the ride 1 week. So, instead of saturday april 16th, i was thinking about the following week saturday april 23rd

please chime in and let me know any objections...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
attention denver riders

due to a malfunction with my mb i was wanting to post pone the ride 1 week. So, instead of saturday april 16th, i was thinking about the following week saturday april 23rd

please chime in and let me know any objections...
Rod,
About your "malfunction". Is it anything I can help you with?
Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
I believe I have two in my garage. Give me a day or two to borrow my neighbor's ladder and get them down.

please keep me informed......a suspension fork and a different tank and ill be ready to finish the ww2 messenger bike aesthetically....it runs right now...my daily commuter......i was thinking about a shell type faux tank and a weed wacker gas tank or something...

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Rod,
About your "malfunction". Is it anything I can help you with?
Tom
My problem is: My front-right motor mount stud snapped. I don't see how as I have upgraded hardware. However, I think I got it. I just got to take off the motor and put it on the drill press, and re-tap it with a (1/4'' X 20 pitch) Heli coil.

Plus, my jeans got caught in the engine chain the other day, instantly killing my motor and my pants. Now I have two bent spokes because the chain tensioner torqued inward. That sucked, I had to fix the bike roadside at about 9:30pm with no street lights. It starts and runs, but you can definitely feel the broken stud.