12 % B.C. And 13% New Tax in Ontario ?

GoldenMotor.com

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
British Columbians before yesterday paid no sales tax on bicycles now we're faced with a 12% tax on everything we buy.The ruling Liberal party's election platform said this would not happen. 3 days after election they began to implement it. Former premier Bill Vanderzalm spearheaded a recall campaign with over 10% of voters signing it . I for one am not happy because of the deceit and lies of politicians and beaurocrats ! I hope the voters turf our present arrogant government.
This affects bicyclists because now we will pay more if we go to a licensed store and the underground economy will prosper (guys stealing bikes and reselling them). Our freedoms are being eroded

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
get the imfo out to all the people ,lots more that 10% will sign,and after the recall go for criminal fraud charges,

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Kevlarr, the tax is on the used stuff too. Robin is on the money with what he said.
The lying little weasel told us that it wasn't ever going to happen but then he said he would never sell the Provincial railway and the sold it in a sweet heart deal to his pals right after he was elected so we were warned.

Like every where else the problem is that the other parties have thier own skeletons in the closet and we can only vote for bad or worse.

Steve.

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
12 cents on the dollar? (or whatever Canada has)

And I thought 6% was a rip-off. Do they at least waive it for food and clothes like they do here?

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Just looked it up so here it is. Probably coming to your state soon since it worked here.

Exempt.
Kids clothes. toys car seats ect.
Womens hygiene products
Basic foods

All other goods and services 12%.

The average new house house in Vancouver BC is $800,000. Add $36,000 in HST taxes.
No HST on existing houses.

Everything you buy from now on in BC is going to cost you 12% more period.
The province of Ontario is paying it as well as of July 1st

The province of Nova Scotia that has been paying HST for years has just had it bumped up to 15% as a reward.

Our Head Weasel has for years cried out how the HST was a despicable rip off of consumers and he would never consider it. At least not until he ran us into a massive debt hosting the Winter Olympics.

Feds paid him $17,000,000,000 to bring in HST and he was on that faster than a hen on a June bug.

I'm off tues to Prince Edward Island, the provnce on the other side of Nova Scotia. Other side of the country.

Five bedroom victorian house with a full sized barn, on 2 acres of land, 2 houses down from the store in town with the post office, $35,000 asking price. All in good shape it seems.

Jobs? I'm retired.

Steve.

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
brother, u think u have it bad, come to chicago.we have a tax for everything, including all your exempt items. pretty soon they will have a tax on the tax....