my e-bike

GoldenMotor.com

BossCat

Nov 29, 2009
Scotland
MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum - sangesf's Album: My Electric Motorized Chopper (Minus Windshield)

here is a photo compilation of the old version of my bike..
When I find the most recent pictures, I'll show em.
I see from your photos that we both have the same type of small oval lights on our bikes. I have since took the filing box of and now use it as a tool box. Im going to remove the lights and put them on my new box.

Old filing box with lights.

New box.

I was going to use the end of a torch clicky switch as my on/off turn signals on the end of my bullhorns but since then I have stripped down a kiddy scooter that has a Turn/Lights/Horn handle that will do nicely, see my trailer post....http://motorbicycling.com/f9/bosscats-push-trailer-16616.html#post162318

Regards
Tom

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Oh, i've changed the box to a Lockable File Folder box (dimensions of 22"x16"x14") and have added "normal" motorcycle directionals, brake light, rear light, etc.
I've taken the box apart to add a 12" subwoofer and external 12v "power ports" like they have in cars.
I'm also added one of those inverters, that changes 12v into 110v 200w.
(I'm running all of my 12v accessories off a 12v SLA that's 105AH.)
Accessories = Lights, Directionals, Front Speakers, Front Power Port, Front Cigarette Lighter, FM/AM Radio, Satellite Radio, Two Amps, 12" Sub, Rear Power Port, Rear 110v Converter, etc, etc)

The rear box weighs about 35 lbs so I've added structural supports to the rear rack, which is attached to the rear frame as well as to my bicycle seat.

BossCat

Nov 29, 2009
Scotland
Hi Sangesf,

I see you have what looks like a schwinn stingray? Im trying to get hold of one to electric up. is yours an adult bike?
Any chance you could post up afew more pics of your bike.

Thanks

Regards
Tom

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Hi Sangesf,

I see you have what looks like a schwinn stingray? Im trying to get hold of one to electric up. is yours an adult bike?
Any chance you could post up afew more pics of your bike.

Thanks

Regards
Tom
Mine is little larger than the original OCC stingray and came as an electric from The start....

Once I'm done refitting everything on the bike, I'll post pics

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
with no pedaling it does 21 mph with a 15 mile range. i live 2 miles from my work and with a little pedaling i can go all week with out recharging. a friend at work has a 500 watt kit from ampedbikes and he can do 23 mph, but he has 700 wheels were i have 26".

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
with no pedaling it does 21 mph with a 15 mile range. i live 2 miles from my work and with a little pedaling i can go all week with out recharging. a friend at work has a 500 watt kit from ampedbikes and he can do 23 mph, but he has 700 wheels were i have 26".
Aah. You guys must be skinny as well. LOL I only run SLA batteries, at present, so I limited myself to only 24 volts. I tried running 36 volts and the motors (1 350 watt hub and 1 450 watt Curry) really started pulling. Only bad part was the extra weight. I still haven't found the time to rig an inframe mount, but will probably go back to running 36 volts eventually. Nice rig, btw. The lith pack really helps to clean things up. (^)

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
I only has the gas engine on it for about a week, until I found out that Florida only allows you to ride, if you have a license, which I don't.
On the gas engine I only filled it up twice and it only cost me $4 for 160 miles.

My electric company charges .18 per kilowatt hour... In order to do 160 (to make it easy to figure out) I would have to "fill up" twice for 8 amp on 36v (3 amp and 5 amp charger) so 3 hrs times 2 times charge times 1100 watts (110v*10a draw) = 6.6kw/hr = 6.6*.18 = $1.19.

So $4 - $1.19 = 2.81 per week = 52*$2.81 = $113.60 per year.

TikiHead

May 9, 2010
Arizona
I already posted a pic on my Introduce Yourself page, but I'll share here. It's a 2005 Charger bike from Electroportal.com. They use a .5 HP truck fan motor that drives a separate, smaller chain on the right side. The computer senses your effort and adds power at four selectable levels. The only ***** I have is range -- limited to 13 mile round trip at best.

That's why I am very close to ordering a GEBE (Golden Eagle Bike Engine) kit.

Attachments

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Why not just get a bigger battery to go farther?

I mean of course it's ALOT cheaper to go with a GEBE setup, but electric is so nice and quiet.

TikiHead

May 9, 2010
Arizona
SANGESF,

That's an idea too. I guess I am kind of leaning towards a gas bike. I will ask my dealer about extra batteries. I've got LiFEPO4 batteries right now.

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
I'll tell ya what, your best bet is to buy a front wheel kit and ADD it to your current setup.

That way, you can use the pedalec for the rear an when you don't feel like pedaling, use the front with a throttle, OR use both on combination and I bet you'll more than triple your distance.

I'm guessing you Lifepo4 battery is quite small prolly only 10ah or smaller..

On one of my OCC bikes (heavy) my 15ah battery gets me 21 miles max with NO pedaling whatsoever.