Imagine This :

GoldenMotor.com

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
Is there room between the motor and tank, height & length?

You usually need a 13 or14" seat tube for the motor. If the tank ends before the cylinder it will work otherwise better go in store with a tape measure and tank dimensions.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Is there room between the motor and tank, height & length?

You usually need a 13 or14" seat tube for the motor. If the tank ends before the cylinder it will work otherwise better go in store with a tape measure and tank dimensions.
It'll work....I've done extensive research...whereas the tank in itself may not clear the bottom bar it CAN be modified....but yes the engine itself will clear....I built up ( with the help of Red whom is one of our moderators ) a Schwinn Skyliner that was too dang tight for comfort but he made it work ....and so far I've almost 2500 miles on it ...I ride her hard and put her up wet....she has yet to fail me so I know the bike in question is a doable build....when the funds arise that's going to be one bad ass build....I've included a snap of the said Shwinn....so you can infer...

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Attachments

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
you could make a tank similar to mine, that i modeled off the original "tool box" tank from the 30's. it holds a half gallon, the same as the kit tank, and soldering up some copper is pretty easy.
Baird,
Might you have a snap of said "toolbox" tank so I can infer?

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
the first pic is what the 80 year old tank looks like, the second is the one i made, and the third is on my bike...
Sigh...I haven't the means nor expertise for such a tank...it's a work of art and I'm not a whole dollar...that's amazing and would look amazing on that Schwinn Heavy Duty....but it is possible....wow...

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Last edited: