clutch gear and small gear

GoldenMotor.com

fakeplay

Jul 26, 2009
newburyport ma
I tried adjusting my clutch but I still get this rattling churping sound. It doesn't make the sound when the clutch in pulled in or when I'm giving it gas( it sounds good and has good pick up ). It's just when I'm moving along at a steady spead. I took the cover off and put a dab of grease where the big gear and the small gear start to mesh. Are those two gears suppose to be flush with each other ?
My small gear sticks out about 1/16 or so of an inch. Am I doing something wrong ? The bike rolls good with the clutch in and the clutch grabs real good when I let it out. It's just that damn noise thats bugging me . Any suggestions ?

TristanTTAPpark

Mar 24, 2010
e. houston
Clutch Pad Replacement
Hello I have the small round pucks and i was wondering if maybe i could get some new ones i wont e-bay so boygofast is out i am how ever looking for a place close to houston somthing that would supply the pucks easy i might start pushing my bikes out on my friends and would like to be able to sup[ply extra parts such as this iv found a place for my nuts and bolts and plugs spark wires oh and on a side note im using a brigs and straton kind of pancake muffler that aims upward would this be a bad thing or should i get someone to weld it hanging low lol? oh if you want to see my bike just after i got in up and runing my first vid is on youtube under TristanTTAPpark just google that and youtube it will go right to it tell em what you think
Edit/Delete Message

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Squealing from the engine is caused by this.... sometimes as long as you don't have a bearing going south.....
try this.....
take off the clutch arm cover the cover over the front sprocket. remove the short shaft and a ball bearing inside of the front sprocket shaft grease them up and put it back together. It should stop the squealing sound if that gets a little dry it will sound like 4ell.