49cc on a 16" stingray?

GoldenMotor.com

pi-rat

Aug 7, 2008
i would like to know if i can mount a 49cc or even a 70cc on a kids 16" sting ray so i can have like a mini-chopper. i have a welder and chop saw so i can make any coustom mounts so the only thing i need to know is if there is enough room to fit any size motor. and should i go pull start on this small chopper

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
There is a graphic somewhere 'round here that has the required measurements of a bike frame to fit the HT motor. Hopefully fairracing will chime in, he usually has that graphic readily available. Of course since it's a chopper, it's probably configured a bit differently, so those measurements might not apply.

If you could get a pic of the kids stingray and get some measurements, it might help.

pi-rat

Aug 7, 2008
i don't have the stingray. i just want to know if it is posible because latley any stingray has been had to come by so i would rather spend $50 on the kids sting ray than $200 on the full size one

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
If your talking like the ones that they sold at Wally world last thanksgiving and are all over ebay with the springer and the small front wheel (crate repop) they are 20 inch. Ive seen a few of them mounted up. Someone on here has one dont they? The ones I read that have them say they are very crazy to ride....gotta go find a pic be back.
Terry

pi-rat

Aug 7, 2008
i was just looking at the picture and see that i will have to stretch the frame another like 4 inches to just fit the motor in with n extra space

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Yea that one is just to dang small I think. I wish they would have never started calling those stingrays. Wish they would use choppers instead. But sorry Pi I thought that you were talking about the other kit that Wild posted a pic of.
Terry

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
The smaller 16" one I don't think it will fit very well. I have the 20" (still not really made for an adult) It fits but there are some clearance issues. You may be able to get it into the small OCC but few things you'll need to address. First of all it will have to be tilted more than usual. In order for your Carb to work right you'll need a different intake manifold.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Just about everything on the OCC has to be customized to work with a HT type engine, but if you have those tools at your disposal you should be able to pull it off.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
O and they call them the Stingray because Orange County Choppers did a special build in commemeration of the original schwinn stingray, that bike is what they ended up with. Then it went out to the commercial market.