Giant Simple good start for Chinese kit

GoldenMotor.com

Trae

Mar 21, 2009
Little Rock, AR
I have been offered a 08 Giant Simple for $50 and just got my engine today for what I though about modifying a full susp bike for. I just have to drive 3 hrs to pick it up. Any one use this frame any pics? Definately would be easier to mount the engine from the looks.

Trae

Mar 21, 2009
Little Rock, AR
after deciding I hate the way the sprocket mount I bought a Manic Mech Spocket mount and sprocket and will just get the cables set up.

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
I have the same issue with an oversize aluminiun tube. What size clamp did you get? The one I have now won't allow to use a rubber tube to aid in vibration suppression.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Giant Simple is a great choice for motorizing. There aren't many aluminum cruisers I would use for a motor bike.

Trae

Mar 21, 2009
Little Rock, AR
the clamp is 2 1/4". I could probably use a 2" though. I ended up making a plate to offset the mount, so I could mount the enigine lower b/c the carb wouldn't fit.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
is that a single, doulbe or triple wall aluminum....?i have a gary fisher, triple butted...put steel pipe around the frame, threaded it and drilled a clean hole thru both front and back mounts...so far so good..placed it high because of the mounts and i have no vibration...and the nuts stay put nothing loosens up...now isnt that strange...

Attachments

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
it might fit if you buy a intake from manic mechanic...12.00...than mill or grind the surface at a angle...and its straight...will leave you more room...your clutch cable will have to be changed...will send the pic for that or i'll put it in another...spooky tooth is where i got the expansion pipe...nice hu....kicks a...in the low end...little noisy but a classy sound...hope this helps...now your aluminum bike...is it a single,double or triple but frame...Dennis.....it shifts easy...

Attachments

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
no...i talked to them about a month ago and they said it would be about a month before they would be restocked...give them a call and give them a shove...Dennis

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Where's the rear motor spacer? Or is there a reason you didn't use it? It looks like a nice bike. Sick Bike Parts sells expansion chambers too but I think they are sold out right now too.