Throttle Adjust for Better Speed?

GoldenMotor.com

Watts

Mar 22, 2010
Ontario
Just recently purchased a 40cc Viza V2 gas scooter, the scooter runs great and hits about 30 kmph. The advertisements say it can go up to 22 mph (35 Kmph) so I am not far off from the speed.

I noticed that when I twist the throttle, there is a small piece of plastic on the engine that stops the throttle assembly from being pulled all the way. (Designed this way)

I was told removing the plastic stop will allow the throttle to open more and give me better rpm and faster speed? If this is true will it affect the longevity of the engine?

I wouldnt mind some extra speed but would rather have the engine last long time, the scooter doesnt have an exhaust so I assume adding an expansion chamber or exhaust pipe period might help with some extra speed?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Watts

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
it's probably a throttle stop to regulate the max power the engine can achieve, if you can remove it without breaking it, then twist your throttle and make sure it opens up all the way, but not past wide open you might gain a few mph and better acceleration.
A good pipe would definitely add more performance if you can make one fit.