Ready For performance!

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Find someone who knows how to use a mig. Thin pipe is still weldable if you know what you are doing.
Most muffler shop guys are not really very good welders but it can be done.
They probably just don't want to risk messing it up and getting you mad enough to cause the shop problems. Maybe ask for the best welder to do it.

Nooflyer

Jun 26, 2012
Kansas
Also I'm having another issue. I received a HD lightening CDI for xmas Yay. But my bike won't stay running. Anyway is it needed to rejet using a diffent cdi?

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Also I'm having another issue. I received a HD lightening CDI for xmas Yay. But my bike won't stay running. Anyway is it needed to rejet using a diffent cdi?
urrr um you dont want my advice on this one lol !

you know what i do when something goes wrong and i cant figure it out ???

i pull the motor off the bike and tear it down to the case then start from the case and rebuild it one step at a time examining every part as it goes quickly back together untill i find what whent wrong. dead srs !!!!

normaly though i will take off all the case covers and pull the top end leaving the bottom end in frame with nothing but the rod sticking out, i useually find the problem as i am half way done dissasembling and it just goes right back togethere pretty quick !

if i cant diagnose it i rebuild it !

this is because i know this motor like the back of my hand and i can tear it down to the case and put it back together in an hour ! so once its down to the case you can inspect all the parts and do any mods you deem nessasary and put it all back together propperly. if it still does not run after a quick rebuild of the top end and carb, then the only thing left is the cdi box LOL magneto inspection is part of the tear down so i eliminate that as soon as that case cover comes off, the clutch arm and pin gets greased and adjusted, and the clutch flower nut adjusted, after that all the covers go back on and i inspect the rings and piston and wrist pin and needle bearng... looks good ok goes back together, now the jug ... does it need porting naahhh it good is it scratched up inside ? no ok hows the base gasket ? good ok jug goes on, hows the head ? good ? no carbon and head gasket is ok ? i want more comp so i deck it a lil more lol done yup cool that goes back on, now the exhaust ... not clogged, port matched yup good gasket ? yup ok that goes back on... intake yup its goog gaskets good to that goes back on... carb tore down and sprayed out real quick with carb cleaner eh ? ok fine it goes back on to ad the air filter no the wires check that they are all wired correctly ok ? then hook em back up ! empty your gas tank and put a fresh mix in it at 50 to 1 and hook p the gas line to the carb and see if she will fire up ........... what ? it still wont fire up W.T.F ? ohhh the only thng left is the cdi it must be burnt out LOL

problem diagnosed in one hour ! thats how i do it :) and so far it has worked 100% of the time

Last edited:

Nooflyer

Jun 26, 2012
Kansas
Yea i don't have all the tools to completely disassemble and i don't think it's needed. First i do is go straight to the carb and make sure there aren't leaks on intake and exhaust. Next i recheck the head studs for torque. I also do a minor inspection on all gaskets though. Now i'm waiting on my SBP expansion chamber. then more testing with the carb and CDI!!!!