Can So. Cal.form a racing asso.?

GoldenMotor.com

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Hi Neil, I haven't called you back because I'm stepping back from all of this and I might try to get something going next year with some hype posters beginning at the end of this year to get interest up.

If at that time, or if other regions like the Midwest or Eastern regions would like to have their own races, it would benefit us all to standardize and unite under an association. Until then I might or might not race, just getting parts is a long process and my shop situation is being strangled, so I'm not holding my breath on having a race bike for June I might be moving at that time so wouldn't be able to race, depends on if some BS blows over.

Basically what I think Turkman is trying to say is that if there is a national association formed, somewhat like with other organized sports, it will benefit us all, and alleviate some of the workload from certain individuals who have been working to organize the races on their own.

Kart tracks are a local thing all over the US, so it shouldn't be too hard getting some racing going in every corner of the country in the coming years if people decide to step up and work together.

Last edited:

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
A few rules in the interest of safety and fairness are cool. I don't think we've outgrown are present status as an association. True, we are evolving, but it may take a lot more sorting out the next few years of racing before we need to reach out from our circle of comfort. Everyone has their own special interest. I consider my self a serious racer even if there's not enough flathead Briggs bikes to make a class and get put in with the rest of the mid range. I don't often win and routinely get smoked by lesser motors and better racers, but I'm good with the way things are.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Hey Ray
When are you coming to a race to join the fun. :)
bring a few of your vast Whizzer collection.

Ray, it ain't all about me, I just represent the majority of
participants with the direction of the evolution of the races.
Thanks Neil, i'm definately looking forward to make it out to your racies.

Thanks,
Ray

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
Spring is a funny time of year, my next door neighbor has a big rose bush in his yard and a pair of mocking birds have built a nest in it, they conceder people a threat to the nest so every time a single person walks by that rose bush they swoop down and act like their attacking them, they don't touch us but they act like it, even though we are not a threat to them or their eggs. I didn't start this thread to divide us just to bring us together to make the sport stronger and lasting. My point is, it is bigger than one man. Later Bob

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Is one man bigger than two mocking birds? How bout 4 and 20 black birds baked in a pie? Is a bird in the hand worth two in the bush?

These and many more questions will be answered on June 1st at Grange Motor Circuit...........see you in the pits!

#3 yeah, you know me.......

dnut

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
bike club thread, neil-26 the rest-43. in the spirit of getting along with everyone i have edited most of my post. i think the message was delivered and there is no need to keep it up here. thank you dennis

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i have to admit dressing in drag at a few party's. i always prefered sun dresses to the style-ish moo-moo's that most of us full figured guy/gal's use. they show off my curves better. boy do i miss the old girl's drink free night's. dennis/denise

Last edited: