Bairdco Industries is looking for a rider for the june race!

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
well, the bike's not finished, and i'm waiting for a call back today to find out when my surgery is scheduled for. odds are it's gonna be before the race, so i'm not going to be physically able to work on the bike, and depending on my level of pain, might not even make it to the race.

i was thinking of postponing the surgery til after the race, and sucking it up and riding, but that ain't gonna happen...

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Just a thought, but maybe you need someone like an apprentice who can be your hands and arms and is willing to do what you direct and learn some things while he's doing it. It has to be frustrating for you to be building and fixing in your mind's eye, but not able to perform the actions. Wishing you well, Baird.
SB

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
thanks guys... :)

silverbear, i thought of that too, but i don't know anyone local.

today i took a rusty set of wheels apart, just for something simple to do, and was looking around the garage at the 10 sets of wheels, half finished frames, piles of parts, a *****in' early 80's bmx 26" cruiser i just bought, the german rixe tandem with the girder fork, my moped wheeled racer with a cracked frame, a full tank of argon gas in the welder, the four boxes of 11g spokes i scored, my rustoration cruiser i fixed, my 24" S&S frame and fork i gotta dismantle, paint, and sell, and my old faithful 26" S&S newport cruiser i ride to the store everyday...

and i thought, i've got 6 months to stare at it all.

i think i'm gonna stay out of the garage. it's depressing...

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
just found out, surgery's gonna be on thursday.

can't wait...
Hey Baird
All the best with your surgery!

Hope you are healed up enough to make the June 1st race.

I was talking to scotto today and we were talking about
who had come to all the SMBR events and I think you made
them all so it would cool to be there for the 2 year anniversary.

There are only 6 racers that have made all 6 races so far and
it looks like that number will be down to 2 or 3 at this 7th race.

It wouldn't be the same without you! :)