killswitch suggestions?

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I never used the ht killswitches when I had an ht bike, always wired my own in and got rid of the stock killswitch. Placed my switch on my gooseneck where I could still easily reach it in an emergency. Now I'm using K10 forks on my latest build, and have no gooseneck to place a switch on. There is a killswitch on my engine, but I would really like to have something where I can easily reach it while driving, and the best way would be to make a switch that can fit inside the space on the kit throttle handle where the killswitch goes, because I have other stuff on my handlebars that would make it difficult to place anywhere else on the handlebars. So is there anyone that can tell me what to use to make a killswitch that can fit inside the ht throttle housing? Thanks.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I still think the best place for a kill switch is on the bars, as close as possible to the throttle (in case of a stuck throttle). I was running out of room on my bars too. I added some mountain bike bar ends to create more mounting area. The bar ends to not have to be mounted on the ends of the bar. They can be moved inboard of the grips and they can be shortened.