Pan-American Motor Assisted Bicycle ride

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Believe I have posted this before in the motorized bicycle in the news thread before but I would like to start a new thread to share what Will Adams and Matt Riley are doing.

A 15,000 mile Motorized Bicycle ride from Alaska to Argentina to raise awareness about a lack of clean drinking water in developing countries.

This hits home for me having family not even 200 miles away from me in another country that having clean drinking water is a huge challenge and at times not having any water at all.

Will and Matt will be starting there Journey next week.

Please check out there FB page http://www.facebook.com/thirstybike

Augustans to begin pan-American bicycle ride next week
By Kyle Martin

After two years, four bicycles, a debilitating wreck and hours of research and fundraising, Will Adams finally leaves for Alaska next week.

Then the real work begins.

The premise is simple: ride 15,000 miles south from the Arctic Circle to the bottom of the Western Hemisphere on motorized bicycles. Along the way, Adams and his riding partner, Matt Riley, aim to raise awareness about a lack of clean drinking water in developing countries.

Read More, video and photos
http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/m...ans-begin-pan-american-bicycle-ride-next-week

I wish them the best of luck and a safe Journey.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Believe I have posted this before in the motorized bicycle in the news thread before but I would like to start a new thread to share what Will Adams and Matt Riley are doing.

A 15,000 mile Motorized Bicycle ride from Alaska to Argentina to raise awareness about a lack of clean drinking water in developing countries.

This hits home for me having family not even 200 miles away from me in another country that having clean drinking water is a huge challenge and at times not having any water at all.

Will and Matt will be starting there Journey next week.

Please check out there FB page http://www.facebook.com/thirstybike

Augustans to begin pan-American bicycle ride next week
By Kyle Martin

After two years, four bicycles, a debilitating wreck and hours of research and fundraising, Will Adams finally leaves for Alaska next week.

Then the real work begins.

The premise is simple: ride 15,000 miles south from the Arctic Circle to the bottom of the Western Hemisphere on motorized bicycles. Along the way, Adams and his riding partner, Matt Riley, aim to raise awareness about a lack of clean drinking water in developing countries.

Read More, video and photos
http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/m...ans-begin-pan-american-bicycle-ride-next-week

I wish them the best of luck and a safe Journey.
I don't exactly understand the goal of their mission. Raise awareness but what can be done about it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I don't exactly understand the goal of their mission. Raise awareness but what can be done about it?
They are raising funds for local charity's that help provide clean drinking water. I dont have all the details but if you contact them they will be more then happy to explain what and how they are helping.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Mexico is not that bad, to me its no more dangerous then southern AZ. I have ridden my motorized bicycle to Mexico a few years ago and the traffic and roads is what you need to be most concerned about.

Just keep your eyes open, pay attention to whats happening around you and mind your own business and your left alone.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
1000 miles bout beat me to death couldn't do 15x that, good luck to them both. Dave as a minuteman I spend 2 weeks a year on the AZ/MEX border It can be a very dangerous place, then agian so can Chicago,New Orleans,Philly,DC,ETC,,,,,,