angle Iron mount 4 stroke ?

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
What thickness of angleIron should I use for a 4stroke inframemount 1/8or 3/16.The span will be 10 inches.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yes thats a good one. Putting the angle in like that there is no need for gusets.

If it were just flat plate then you would want to thicker...........Curt

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
yep or a bed frame.which is what I'm going with.
Careful. I once tried to use a bed frame for a project, and that was some seriously hard stuff. VERY hard to cut. Ruined many blades trying to finish that job. Regular angle would be better for your application.

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
I went to Home Depot and bought the 1/8 inch angle to make mine. I made two mounts to weld onto the frame out of 1/8 inch flat iron so I could get it to bend around the bike frame. Then I made corresponding mounting plates and welded them under the angle iron to bolt to the ones welded to the frame. I like mine. Just need to friction drive to slip less.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Careful. I once tried to use a bed frame for a project, and that was some seriously hard stuff. VERY hard to cut. Ruined many blades trying to finish that job. Regular angle would be better for your application.
Thanx for the heads up.The bed frame I used was from a military bunkbed and was actually 1/8 angle Iron so it is working out and cutting/drilling is going good.dance1

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I always use 1/8'' flat plate for my mounts as long there's a top head brace to triangulate. The motor mounting bolts are close to the frame tubes and it strengthens the center of the bike.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
bed frame angle is a high carbon steel 3/16 is over kill your 1/8 inch will handle more stress than that motor can give it .
Gary