Mounting a 50cc w/ pedals in a Stingray?

GoldenMotor.com

jpanichella

Sep 22, 2012
Oceanside, CA
Hey guys,

I've stumbled across a pretty cool motor, a 50cc lifan-esque motor with pedals. My plan is to make a street legal sort of mini-motorcycle. Similar to something like this.

I can use a wassell style peanut tank and I think it'll look pretty cool.

Here's the motor:

http://tboltusa.com/store/50cc-moped-engine-pedals-p-1301.html

How does something like this work? Can I use those pedals to kick the motor and pedal the bike?

A stingray has a pretty similar frame to an old-school motorcycle. I've seen people cram the bigger motors into the xl stingray frames, but does anybody know if the 50cc will fit in the regular stingray frame?

Thanks a lot guys!

Last edited:
Yeah, you can pedal to make the bike go (that makes it a legal moped, in states that care... but check those laws, most states have done away with the pedal requirement) but it's not very efficient... it's a 4 cycle moped engine. A friend of mine just got one, to upgrade one of his mopeds, and got another without pedals, to upgrade his other 'ped... both Lifan engines, and both from Tbolt.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Hey guys,

I've stumbled across a pretty cool motor, a 50cc lifan-esque motor with pedals. My plan is to make a street legal sort of mini-motorcycle. Similar to something like this.

I can use a wassell style peanut tank and I think it'll look pretty cool.

Here's the motor:

http://tboltusa.com/store/50cc-moped-engine-pedals-p-1301.html

How does something like this work? Can I use those pedals to kick the motor and pedal the bike?

A stingray has a pretty similar frame to an old-school motorcycle. I've seen people cram the bigger motors into the xl stingray frames, but does anybody know if the 50cc will fit in the regular stingray frame?

Thanks a lot guys!
Yes the motor will fit, if you cut the seat down tube out on the regular Stingray Chopper, doe's this engine look like what you are thinking about.

Here is the same motor being fitted on a Schwinn Stingray OCC Chopper, with the seat down tube removed.

Here is another chopper it's based on the Schwinn XL Chopper, with the same engine.

These engines are available from the following distributors:

ScootersUS.com

TBoltusa.com

SSRMOTORSPORTS.COM

jjmotorsportsinc.com

These engines can be modified from 50cc up to 160cc +

C.H.