chasing the power

GoldenMotor.com

sparrow

May 1, 2012
Northern Territory, Australia
hey guys, im new to the forum. i am about to start my second build as the first one was not adequite in the power department lol. first bike was an old no name steel frame bike with buckled wheels and an ebay "80cc" kit i got for $100 turns out after it blew up and i measured the bore that it was only a 50cc but never the less it was heaps of fun. any how i have invested a substantial amount of money into the second built to combat some of the flaws the first one had, starting with an engine purchased thru rock solid engines in australia. i have opted for the HP3 engine because im going all out and added to that is a reed valve kit MSD ignition setup dellorto sha carb with K&N RC-0790 air filter a sick bike parts expansion chamber and throttle control billet engine covers and sound deadning and to top it all of a shift kit (jack shaft) as some like to call it along with an assortment of jets so i can dial in the little carb once i run the sucker in. its all getting mounted to a GIANT BOULDER mtb with bomber 3 forks and some freestyle mountain bike wheels with disc brakes. ill post some pics once i get it all together as im still awaiting postage on some items. hopefully i will be tearing it up in no time :Ddnut hopefully i have covered all bases here is there anything you guys can think of that i can add to this build?

sparrow

May 1, 2012
yeah i got a full face downhill helmet thanks to my other hobby lol i dare say ill hurt my self more on the pedal bikes lol the main reason for this bike is transportation to and from work as its a rather full on commute in the mornings and arvos during peak times and having the awesome roads we have and cycle paths what better way to get around than motoring along on my pushbike way easier than a car .xx. .. the breaks are more than adequite to stop me and with all my downhill gear i reckon ill be pretty safe.. well as safe as one can be anyway haha

sparrow

May 1, 2012
Bicycle fenders can really add to the look of a mountain bike. I suggest getting some good looking ones, it'll really add to the look a lot
good thinking i will be riding off road sometimes and thru wet areas so it will definately pay to get some good functional fenders for the bike im also going to do away with a frame mounted fuel tank and instead mount a 1.5 or 2 gallon tank on a rack over the rear wheel with a veiwing tube so i can see the level of my tank as well as a .5 gallon reserve tank with seperate petcock for emergencies lol i sometimes rode my old bike distances of upto 50 or 60 miles at a time so reserve fuel tanks and larger capacity will come in handy on those longer rides. auflg