need a headlight

GoldenMotor.com

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
yes you will need a rectifier , theres a great how to on here I believe its diy rectifier, i'm using it an it works well , then you only install 1 zener in the positive power lead be sure you install it in the correct direction that diode has a line that marks current flow make sure that line is towards the lights side of the wire . easy as pie .
Gary

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
you got it , now just watch your power draw , I am running a large battery on mine , since my state requiers full lighting system . the china motors are hard pressed to give more than 500 ma . you may have 12 volts or more but NO amps .

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
I found that thread for the DIY rectifier, so thanks for that tip.

One question I have is, does it matter what the amp or volt rating is on any of these components?

For example, is a 1A good for a rectifier?

I noticed on that other thread the minimal requirements for the volts, but if they're too highly rated, say 400v, does that make a difference?

Edit: Does it have to be a full-wave bridge rectifier too?

Last edited:

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I found that thread for the DIY rectifier, so thanks for that tip.

One question I have is, does it matter what the amp or volt rating is on any of these components?

For example, is a 1A good for a rectifier?

I noticed on that other thread the minimal requirements for the volts, but if they're too highly rated, say 400v, does that make a difference?

Edit: Does it have to be a full-wave bridge rectifier too?
build your rectifier as close to the one in diy rectifier as possible values slightly higher are fine .