Signal & break light horn can i take power from my engine ????

GoldenMotor.com

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
white wire on mine is power wire,but my understanding is that any more draw then about six volts will kill the motor,been thinking of mounting battery and use the wire to charge it.still doing research to see if it will work or if it will cost too much,zpt

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
found complete lighting/charging system on ebay using either the stock mag or up grading to 12 volt magneto.it uses a charger powered off the bike motor.im all in.you can spend between 30-190 dollars.season over for me will get somthin going come spring.ebay store was creative creations.hope this helps.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
So you think that I vcant take power from engine ?
If you have a 2 stroke, Chinese engine, you didn't tell us what you have, the white wire will only produce about 6 volts and that is AC (alternating current), and a little less than 3 watts. That isn't enough current to run what you want. Overloading the white wire will shunt power from the CDI (ignition module) and shut down the engine. Go for a rechargable battery for your accesories.
Tom

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
the set ups they sell use the white wire to power a mini charger hooked up to a 6 volt sla rechargable batt. to run lights.now they also have a mini generator that mounts inside next to the stock mag.to produce 12 volts.these set ups do not draw from the cdi . making them great for lighting, horns or even a shark audio system like what i installed on my motorcycle.come on spring..zpt

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
zpti found it on ebay,the name of the seller is mightywonderful, store :wonderful creations item#400108735081, thats for the complete 12volt set up, 180.00 bucks, but you can buy seperate parts as well.they even have a charger that works off the stock white wire(6v)set ups 30 bucks and up...etc.im not affiliated with them in any way,just found by chance and tryin to spread the word,they should pay me,, lol.hope this helps