Motorized Mountain Bike

GoldenMotor.com

The Mitigator

Nov 12, 2011
Maryland
First time posting to the form. I am looking for a motorized mountain bike. I am 60 and enjoy riding dirt roads, fire roads and some light trails. I am riding in mountainous area of West Virginia. I am not looking for speed but something fairly quiet and dependable. I have looked at the Helio Super Bike. Does anyone have any suggestions?.crt.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Building one yourself will save you a lot of money. Plus the joy of "Hey I built that".

Fun can still be had on a cheap locally bought mountain bike, Craigslist, local paper etc, this time of year decent bicycles can be picked up for under $50. Bolt on a $150 kit and away you go :) Many sponsors on the sidebars/top/bottom have lowered their prices for the winter months too. So it's a great time to get into this addiction *cough* I mean hobby :p

Stock kits usually come with a 44 tooth rear sprocket(I've had one with a 42), and that makes for a good overall power range. You can always change it out for a larger sprocket for dirt trail climbing torque if you feel the need to.

To put a kit on a bike, you really only need basic tools and the installation manual covers everything. Its not very difficult. Plus if you run into any problems you can ask away, there's always someone around willing to help out.

Welcome to the forum.