why dont people utilize the speeds on a motorized speed bike?

GoldenMotor.com

dirtrider5001

Oct 18, 2011
ohio
yes im new to this forum and new to building these bikes. I just dont understand why everyone puts on this extra sprocket to the rear or comes up with this seperate transmission.
I have been looking on and off into building one of these bikes. The title is my first question. my second question is which four stroke engine do i want to get money aside. Im thinking the robin subaru. Is the robin subaru the only japanese 4 stroke engine like this. I just refuse to put on a chinese engine..... thanks ahead of time
.xx.

dirtrider5001

Oct 18, 2011
ohio
well after 10 minutes of looking seems like these subarus are hard to get. and im guessing this skyhawk four stroke is chinese. I think this is what put me soo off to this project in the past. Such a goosechase for a good engine something thats not chinese and something i can ride hard. please someone help me i really want to build something nice. I rememer talking to a kid on a bike with a skyhawk 2 stroke and the case(engine block) by the front mount was cracked

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Welcome to the forum, Dirtrider.

Bicycle gears likely won't hold up to a Morini, and it really doesn't need em. They'll go 50+ with 1 gear.

Why not a Honda GXH50 and a shift kit? It's not as powerful, but it's been done successfully.

gibster

Oct 19, 2011
Hemet ca
what about Honda four strokes? something like the GXH 50. to stay legal. or if youre a billy badass you can go with a go cart motor, Honda Horizontal OHV Engine — 340cc, GX Series, 11 hp enough power for anyone dnutdnut