Unfriendly Areas To Ride Our Bikes

GoldenMotor.com

The Berry

Jul 19, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles CA...

Cops don't seem to care much since they have bigger troubles to deal with in South Central. I ride past them every time I ride my bike and all they do is stair for a moment and just roll on.

Other than that, the people riding in cars and trucks around here don't give a $h!t if they bury a biker in the hot pavement. They'll cut you off, cuss you out, claim it's your fault they did not see you, and drive on.

And it really does not help that most people speed here. My bike does the 35mph speed limit and people be flying past me, some like they're on the freeway. A few even have the nerve to honk you at a light the very second it turns green, then speed past you with this "road rage" glare. A few individuals also be riding down residential streets, as narrow as the street is, busting 40.

It's enough to make you want to take a brick to somebody's window after a cool minute.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Bay county FL, nobody seems to care. I've ridden past the po po, they just stared in awe. I've even stopped 25ft in front of a cop in a parking lot. He was looking for speeders. I stopped with my engine in clear view of the cop. I sat there and talked on the phone over an hour to see if they were going to come give me a ticket. They just sat there and finally left over an hour later. I rode from Lynn Haven fl all the way into washington county. Went less than 2000ft and got pulled over by a motorcycle cop and ticketed. They say its a moped cuz it has a gas engine. No matter what. Got a citation to go to court for the judge to decide. My court date is sept. 8 830am. I still ride around. Just don't go into washington county, they hide behind anything so u wont see them. I had my eyes peeled and didn't see him or hear him till he turned the sirens on inches behind me. I nearly lost control, they were so loud. That cop downed anything i said to defend myself, even the tl10 statute. That cop was rude. I was doing everything right. He had no reason to stop me. I guess he had nothing else to do so when he saw me he jumped at the chance to ticket someone. I have no criminal record. I obey the laws, mostly. I wear a helmet. The reason i don't have a license is cuz i cant. I'm legally blind. Therefore i'm exempt from having to have a dl. I believe he was following me for a couple hundred feet considering he was in the bike lane mere ft(at least 2ft or less) behind me when i looked back after he flipped his sirens. I