Went around my neighborhood and down to the bay!

GoldenMotor.com

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Went around my neigborhood and down to thr bay. Saw an awesome sunset. then looked in my gas tank and realized i only had 1/8th of a tank yet and so i rode rather fast home and gassed up, mixed in some oil and took off. i got soo many jaw dropping looks! i learned lastnight, when your gas tabk is full, theres alot less vibration. i rode about 5-10 miles just by going all around my neighborhood several times. i saw a comp sitting next to winn dixie as i was comiup. i was at full speed cuz there was a car behind me and i wanted to get out if itsway so i pull over into some parkingspaces. no cars were nearby, and the cop was siting there. this was the first time i rode by a cop. hr didnt do anyhing. i came flying arounf the corner, i was safe about it since i could see from far off here were no cars coming. but i was afraid hed come and ask me something about m bike, but he didnt. :) my bike runs great. id ride along thr main road in my sity on thr side walk and people would slow down to my speed and watch me and id gunbmy engine and take odf ahead othem, on thesidewalk and go down a sodde street.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
if you cut up an old innertube and wrap it around the frame under the tank, it should stop vibrating.

it's actually resonating. your bike reached "critical speed," which is where the rotational speed reached a resonant frequency and caused the vibration. or something like that. if you speed up or slow down it'll usually go away, or if you lean your knee into the tank it'll stop.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Where's the video?

dnut

Went around my neigborhood and down to thr bay. Saw an awesome sunset. then looked in my gas tank and realized i only had 1/8th of a tank yet and so i rode rather fast home and gassed up, mixed in some oil and took off. i got soo many jaw dropping looks! i learned lastnight, when your gas tabk is full, theres alot less vibration. i rode about 5-10 miles just by going all around my neighborhood several times. i saw a comp sitting next to winn dixie as i was comiup. i was at full speed cuz there was a car behind me and i wanted to get out if itsway so i pull over into some parkingspaces. no cars were nearby, and the cop was siting there. this was the first time i rode by a cop. hr didnt do anyhing. i came flying arounf the corner, i was safe about it since i could see from far off here were no cars coming. but i was afraid hed come and ask me something about m bike, but he didnt. :) my bike runs great. id ride along thr main road in my sity on thr side walk and people would slow down to my speed and watch me and id gunbmy engine and take odf ahead othem, on thesidewalk and go down a sodde street.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
It was late at night, not enough light to have a decent video. :/ what kind of video recorder do yall use to record video?

Last edited: