engine id #

GoldenMotor.com

augie

Sep 1, 2010
Carson,CA
hi i am going to try to register my mb here in california and my i don't have my engine plate or model number.i got my motor kit from spooky tooth and i called but they said that they don't keep the serial numbers.how would i go about getting the serial number.

thanks

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
make one up.

i use the serial number off the bike for the VIN number, and then add an "E" for the engine number.

like, if the bike serial number is 123456, that's the VIN, and E123456 would be the engine number.

i've licensed 5 bikes so far, and it works.

takes about 6 weeks if you mail in the form. the DMV wouldn't let me do it in person at two different offices, but i heard someone else did. easier to mail it.

another thing i do is make a copy of the form with my check to the DMV on it, then carry it around while waiting for the plate. that way, if you get pulled over, you have something to show instead of " uh...yeah, uh... i'm waiting for the plate, sir..." :)

oh, one more thing. if you make up the VIN number instead of using the serial number, there's no way to prove the license plate is for that bike, so they can impound it. make sure the number on the VIN is stamped on your bike.