Dead Ebike

GoldenMotor.com

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa
So one day I go to get on my bike after it was sitting untouched in the living room and I use the throttle and nothing happens. I checked to make sure there was enough power coming from the battery and there is. I checked all the wires and I was able to figure out that there is power going into the controller but I was not able to get a reading coming out of the controller going to the motor.

so I take it down to get fixed and this is a very big tassel for me as it takes 3 hours round trip by bus to get to the repair shop. It's also a large pain to get a ride down there as well. So that's fine. It gets fixed and I'm told the controller was dead.

So I bring it home with no problems and I even used it the next day as well with no problems. I go to get on it today and the same problem. The motor doesn't respond when I use the throttle. So it's sounding like the controller once again is dead. Either I have very bad luck and the controller being a used one was not up to par and was on it's last legs. The only other thing I can think of is something is causing the controller to fry and I don't know what this could be. I know they had problems with the kill switch at first but they replaced it so I was told..

I'm really at my wits end. Not only is this going to cost me more money but it's a royal pain in the but for me to go down to the shop to get it fixed!!!

grrrrrrrr

zabac70

Mar 17, 2010
Belgrade , Serbia
Maybe it smells like new controller...If you don't (it's obvious really) know how to fix it yourself , just replace it with new (or newer , second hand) controller , because it will continue to drain money and nerves from you. It is hard to say what is wrong with it , only by your description of a problem (it can be many things).

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa
Maybe it smells like new controller...If you don't (it's obvious really) know how to fix it yourself , just replace it with new (or newer , second hand) controller , because it will continue to drain money and nerves from you. It is hard to say what is wrong with it , only by your description of a problem (it can be many things).
The only difference this time is when I connect the battery's I get that little spark. I didn't get this the last time it was broken. If this is the 2nd controller that has failed then buying a 3rd might not be the entire solution. What happens if the 3rd controller fails as well ?

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa
I knew something was different when I was getting a spark where I didn't before. I had charged up the battery's to full for kicks and hooked them up. Then I pushed the wires going to the motor closer to make sure there was a solid connection. Gave it throttle and the motor moved! So I look @ the wires and turns out one of them had come out and was not making a full connection to the other wires. So I fished the wire back in and plugged it in again and tried it again. The bikes moves forward. This makes me quite happy as it has saved me a lot of hassle and possibly money