engine running ruff

GoldenMotor.com

decou23

Feb 2, 2010
saint charles, mo
i have a 2 stroke all oem parts barely broken in and i am running 32/1 in it right now the bike seames to run fine just realy ruff on like a flat road and smothes out when under srtain like up a hill any ideas?

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Lots of stuff here. First, I'd change the spark plug to a NGK B7ES, also get a new spark plug wire, it just threads into the CDI, twist old wire CCW to remove. Check to see if the engine is secure and hardware is tight. Make sure Drive chain has a bit of play in it, not too tight. If you have the kill switch hooked up, disconnect it for troubleshooting.
Try those things first, could be a bunch of things.

Mac

crobo

Mar 24, 2010
boston ma
my bike used to run really rough too, if you haven't already port the exhaust and intake. at the very least cut the gaskets to fit. It may not seems like much when you're doing it, but on an engine this small every mm counts when it comes to flow.

these motors however are very rough cut, tolerances are not maintained and things becomes unbalanced. there are a few vibration dampening/absorbing products out there, but you may run into some problems with fuel foaming in the carb if you opt for these.

all in all, make sure everything is aligned, lubed, and smoothed and the engine should run alot smoother. both vibration and operation wise.