what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Sure is... I wish the trail was longer though
Yea that would be nice, I've been searching for a way to get inside the fence of the reservoir so I could ride up that huge mountain to the east with the towers on the top of it, but its probly better that I havrnt found a way, probly could get in some trouble for that...

For now I just settle with riding up that little mountain just north of there, there's a ton of trails up there going all over, lots of fun but probly hard on the little two stroke

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA

Did a quick tune up (cleaned air filter, changed out spark plug, and cleaned clutch plate and pads with brake cleaner) then checked out mounting hardware etc. and adjusted seat post height up a bit as I had been getting some tire scrubbing on heavy bumps. Also ordered a new head from CR Machine.

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego

Yea that would be nice, I've been searching for a way to get inside the fence of the reservoir so I could ride up that huge mountain to the east with the towers on the top of it, but its probly better that I havrnt found a way, probly could get in some trouble for that...

For now I just settle with riding up that little mountain just north of there, there's a ton of trails up there going all over, lots of fun but probly hard on the little two stroke
Yeah they don't want people back there since that's where our water comes from. I've been back there for work related things and it would be a nice trail... but I can see why it isn't open to the public

There are several parts along the trail where I need to assist the engine by pedaling or the engine will die... and there is at least one part where I had to walk the bike because of issues with incline and traction

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

Installed my new front wheel.

It is a 26" Worksman with a drum brake. I'm still not sure how to use the strap in the 4th picture to keep the brake arm from moving. Notice the boss is making sure it get all done right.
The brake arm strap is simple. Just wrap it around yer frame at the brake arm hole. Use the strap hole that makes it the tightest. Then stick a nut and bolt through it and yer done. It works just like a regular brake arm strap on a regular bicycle. Bend it around and make it fit.
fatdaddy.
P.S. You have a very cool boss.

Last edited:

Codiferous

Aug 31, 2012
Miami, FL

Had to fix it because my dumbass drunk friend tried riding it while it was locked up through the wheel...

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod

This is my 1995 Clear Creek 100th Anniversary Schwinn.. AKA Blue Bomber as my brother calls her! She hit a top speed of 38 M.P.H. in her hay day. Today lugging my lard ass on her I could cruise at 30-34 pushing it but I usually cruise at 18-25 M.P.H. tops

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod

Got tired of waiting for the registration/ license plate to come in the mail... went for a little ride.

I hear that bro I just scored a Specialized Super Sport at a yard sale the other day for 10 bucks i couldn't pay the guy fast enough. I picked up the bike and ran out of there before any one figured anything out.

It cleaned up sooo nice , it's green and I'm debating putting a motor on it .

Hey Vik, how do I tell the year of a Specialized bike ? Also is that a spare quart of gas under your tank or is it really gatorade or some kind of human juice?

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego

Got tired of waiting for the registration/ license plate to come in the mail... went for a little ride.

I hear that bro I just scored a Specialized Super Sport at a yard sale the other day for 10 bucks i couldn't pay the guy fast enough. I picked up the bike and ran out of there before any one figured anything out.

It cleaned up sooo nice , it's green and I'm debating putting a motor on it .

Hey Vik, how do I tell the year of a Specialized bike ? Also is that a spare quart of gas under your tank or is it really gatorade or some kind of human juice?
Nice find... I have an Iron Horse that I was originally going to put the engine on but ended up keeping it as a mountain bike/ road bike hybrid

I had to read your post twice... 10 bucks??? My dad once got a road bike at a yard sale for 175 and was able to sell it for 1500. Some people have all the luck haha

I don't know if there is a surefire way to tell the year of a Specialized bike without the paperwork. You could always go on google and look for one that best matches yours and adopt that year :p

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Love it IKSD2G! Very cool looking.

Jumpa, might be able to Google the numbers under the BB to find the year, DOB.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA

Built this chain tensioner the other day

I recognize the wrench cut up parts used. That's really neat!

I am using V5 section belt with pulleys and may like to use an idler on the top (ruff section bump) side to push it in the opposite direction to make clearance.

I say may, as I have an alternate way of achieving a sort of multi-ratio for my pulley belt system. The only addition I may need to do with how you have it if I go with an idler, is to make two more rollers to capture the belt in the path so it is routed. It is about 1.5 ft length that I need to redirect it around an object where I had not expected in my original design.

The other way to change ratio / speed range, would have me take a cover with 8 screws and nuts off to change a 10 inch pulley with a 4.5 inch pulley.

MT

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas

Took it off road yesterday. Did surprisingly well. It really shows its weight though, but it did 16mph through the pasture by my house. I lost a piece of my rear rack in the process, oops. lol

It runs so well when it's cooler outside, hits 30 no problem.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario

My bike is an old monark ( originally a single speed ) now running a 6 speed . The bottom chainstays are just wide enough to get a 26 x 2.125 tire in .
I had bent the chainstay setting up the tensioner ( pedaling up the driveway ) when the chain rode up on top of the teeth .

new plan .. get rid of the stupid kit tensioner .

I cut out my bottom chainstays and replaced them with some cut up handle bars.
Now the chainstays are full axle width up to the pedals , and now i can run the chain direct from the motor to the sprocket without the tensioner to clear the stays .

Some people get lucky with thier frames , but my motor sits pretty low , and also it was an old single speed with narrow stays to begin with .

The new stays are only screwed in right now , just so i can use the bike untill i get them all welded up . not even gonna atempt to run a motor till the welding is done ,

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego

Haha, that's awesome

I once secured a garden wagon to my bmx bike and hauled stuff around in it... it would have been much easier with an engine

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

That is awesome Killer. MB wrecker & tow!

I wanna do one for a bike repair and tune up service.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod

thats sooo cool man go register with the local police dept so you can tow all the OUI'S on bikes...

Around here they just make the ''SUSPECTED DUI PERSON'' leave their bike on the side of the road , or so I've heard anyway. 3 of my buddies took their mountain bikes ''w/ NO MOTOR'S'' to the 4th of July fire works and all 3 got DUI'S on their bicycles . I could never understand busting a person for riding a bicycle especially with no motor for OUI in this state the law says ''shall not operate a motorized vehicle'' Now I can understand perhaps A PROTECTIVE CUSTODY FOR A NIGHT AT THE GRAY BAR MOTEL IF THEY ARE A DANGER OF HURTING THEMSELVES but an oui i feel is way out of order

sorry BOUT THE CAPS MY KEY BOARD DOES WHAT IT WANTS TO MY NEPHEW DROWNED IT IN PINE APPLE JUICE

Last edited: