modified cdi and cr 80 coil

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
So this is just for the Grubee engines? I'm not that savvy on which companies in China make which engines and who the distributors are. So, this would not work with say a PK-80 engine sold by Pirate Cycles or a little plain jane BGF engine? Is that right?
SB
They work on any China HT engine.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Thanks for the clarification, Norm. Do you know if they can still be ordered directly from the maker or do you now have to go through the distributor? I'd like to have just one really great running PK-80... just to know what these things could be.
SB

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Thanks for the clarification, Norm. Do you know if they can still be ordered directly from the maker or do you now have to go through the distributor? I'd like to have just one really great running PK-80... just to know what these things could be.
SB
Just follow the link on the first post to contact the maker. ;)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
They can only be ordered on Jnmotorsbikes.com according to the makers web site, I posted info early on letting everyone know he had emailed me and told me that if we wanted them from him at the $40 we had to get them quick, now it is to late to order direct from his site.

This is what he told me in an email, so I think jnmotorsbikes.com is it now, the good thing about jnmotorsbikes......is that it now comes plug and play with a coil and plug wire, before for the $40 all you got was the CDI box. I dont think this is too bad of a deal if it helps.

Skarrd says he get ore RPM out of his engine...thats good if someone is looking for more speed with an engine that has the compression, fuel supply, and good flowing exhaust but goes flat before the engine reaches it's full potential becaue of the ignition being weak and have the wrong timing for the higher RPM's, I have an engine that I know will do more than it is now if I could just get it to twist up a bit more, maybe this is my answer to that problem.....shrug! I'll find out before to long for sure.

Peace

Do you know if they can still be ordered directly from the maker or do you now have to go through the distributor? SB

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
April 21st they were still $40 dont know when they made the final transaction and jnmotorsbikes took it all over, Michael emalied me and told me that he thought the price would double to around $80 verses the $40 I could get them from him for at that time.

So to answer your question that is when they were $40 dont know to much about what they were before but we do know what they are now........

Peace

When were they 40$? I don't remember this...

*uses search engine*

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Ya I hate when they do maintenance on their website especially when you want to give them money LOL
I ordered mine this past Sunday night and it's expected delivery is Thursday. Not bad for first class mail from nearby Seattle, Wa to Southern California

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I'm curious to see how it works, I've replaced 2 of the stock CDI's now and I think the 3rd I'm on is starting to go bad. I was going to buy one direct from Jaguar but then would need to get the coil etc.

kojak

Feb 2, 2011
I'd like to try one, but my bike uses a long plug wire since the electronics are housed in the faux oil tank. Is there any potential issue with using any old wire from Auto Zone, and can I still use my iridium NGK plug?