Electrical GURUS! Need expert advice ON COILS!

GoldenMotor.com

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Thanks for the advice Slogger, I will clean the bowl, which setting should I use on the C clamp for the needle?
Also, my motor chain has too much slack. I need to take off 1 link to make it perfect but will not be able to install the master chain link because the hole on the link is too small. If I take 2 links off, that would be too much. I've already raise the chain tensioner all the way up and there are no more wiggle room to shift the motor forward. Any advice will greatly be appreciated.
The position for the c clip is dependent on the state of tune and mods on the engine, the size of the main jet and the oil content of the gas.
It's a trial and error adjustment.
Take the chain tensioner off, stretch the chain as tight as you can, and break it to fit. You will find there is still slack in it, but the tensioner will be able to correct it.
Moving the tensioner forward and back on the chainstay can make more adjustment possible.
There are also half-links you can get for problem chains, but I have no experience with them.

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
Hey guys, I got my bike to work! Turns out there was a missing gasket and a rubber O-ring for the carb and intake manifold. Air was leaking out so that's why it kept stuttering when I hit the throttle. I ended up making my own gasket with gasket sheets and ordered the O-ring from Thats Dax. I also installed an offset intake manifold to get better clearance for my carb. She runs like a champ now! I need to find a way to dampen the vibration when I hit full throttle. Thanks for everyone's help and happy riding.! :)