Gas leak on my honda

GoldenMotor.com

Fred

Sep 25, 2008
today while riding i developed a gas leak. It was comming out both sides of the carb. any ideas what it might be. all the bolts where tight as far as I could tell, but gas was dripping out by the gaskets on both the air intake and engine side. it never did this before, and it would leak:-|| even while the engine was running. I had to turn the fuel valves almost off in-order to ride it home without a leak. I went up a steep hill that the engine couldn't really handle and when I let off the throttle to stop the engine died. it started back up and i used it to run the bike up the hill while I ran beside it. engine power seems the same and gear box seems same. didn't notice any problems with them. everything was normal as far as I could tell. just this massive gas leak sprung up.

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
Your float is probably stuck. For a quick fix tap on the bowl on the bottom of the carb with a screwdriver handle. For a better job take off the bowl and make sure the float valve is free to operate. Make sure you run a filter from the gas tank to the carb as this helps prevent crap getting in there.